Samsung LCD Loud Noise and Green Vertical lines at Start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LCD Loud Noise and Green Vertical lines at Start up

I have a Samsung LN52A630 that just recently when I turn on in the morning after it has been off all night makes a LOUD screeching noise and has green vertical lines covering the entire screen. This last about 5-10 Seconds then the TV will turn off and on then the problem goes away and the TV is fine the rest of the day.

Im worried things will get worse and I will have to go out and buy a new TV when other than that problem the TV is great.

I have seen this exact problem when I Google search yet I have never seen a resolve.

Re: Samsung LCD Loud Noise and Green Vertical lines at Start up

I've not seen this exact problem before, but have seen similar ones. It quite often turns out to be bad capacitors on the power supply. First step is to remove the back cover and take clear photos of all of the circuit boards, and one of the overall layout of the TV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok I have never done anything like that before.. Is there anyway I could get hurt or shocked? Lol sorry just making sure.. Obviously I will unplug.

Comment

Power the TV on. Then unplug it while it is running. This dissipates a great deal of the energy as the TV discharges the main filter caps trying to keep running.

After it is unplugged, do not touch anything on the power board unless otherwise instructed, and you will be fine. (The power board is the orange or white board; the AC power connects directly to it.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok ill give it a shot here in a minutes and get pictures.

I just looked behind the TV., Im going to do later this afternoon when my crazy 4 kids are napping... It seems there is a lot of screws that need to come out and I don't want them near when I do.
          Last edited by tpeter; 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I suspect that you might have a similar problem to mine. I'm currently working on a Samsung LN52A550 that had bad capacitors but even after replacing them
            there were issues like a screeching audio sound, a quick frozen screen and then shut down.
            I'm convinced that once these are replaced you have to get into the service menu and do an eeprom reset.
            It is listed as EER under the Option byte sub menu I think.
            There is a sequence of button presses on the remote that allow you into that service menu.

WARNING: Once you do this you will have to enter some factory information like the model number and other things because the tv won't work properly.
            Don't do it unless you have that info and you are comfortable with making changes in the service menu.

I would suggest seeing if the caps are bad - post some photos and the experts here will advise. Make sure you use the correct high quality capacitors.
            You might get lucky and not have to perform the reset.
            But my tv did very bizzare things and would shut down until I cleared the eeproms.
            Good luck.
            Mike

Comment

To do the reset, you can usually jumper pins 4-5 on EEPROM, then enter service menu on this chassis (TV in standby then Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power.)

Comment

I saw one post on here where someone had a similar problem and another guy chimed in and said he replaced his mainboard and the problem was gone..

I just don't know a lot of the service side of fixing these things and don't want to get into a lot of money repairing when these TVs are so cheap..

I almost bought a 60" Panasonic Viera TC-P60U50 600Hz Plasma HDTV For 699.00 with free ship and no tax but I waited to long and lost the deal..

When I get a chance ill get pics

thanks for your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by tpeter View Post
                  I saw one post on here where someone had a similar problem and another guy chimed in and said he replaced his mainboard and the problem was gone..

I just don't know a lot of the service side of fixing these things and don't want to get into a lot of money repairing when these TVs are so cheap..

I almost bought a 60" Panasonic Viera TC-P60U50 600Hz Plasma HDTV For 699.00 with free ship and no tax but I waited to long and lost the deal..

When I get a chance ill get pics

thanks for your help guys
                  You'd be looking at $20 tops, to replace all of the caps in this thing. Dunno, but a new TV is much more expensive.

Heh, why not, contribute more waste, one TV more isn't a big deal. Some nearby member on here may buy it off you.

The Viera plasma is a good TV, though, should last a long time. Longer than any other Samsung rubbish -- 8:1 ratio on fixing Sammy to Panasonic.

Comment

well for 20 dollars yes lol that's a lot better.

I mean for now I can deal the with 10 second noise and the green lines.. Cus once the TV reboots its good for the day. BUt this may get worse...

Are the Caps hard to change.. for someone like me?? I built computers many times from scratch so im not a complete idiot.
                    Last edited by tpeter; 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tpeter View Post
                      well for 20 dollars yes lol that's a lot better.

I mean for now I can deal the with 10 second noise and the green lines.. Cus once the TV reboots its good for the day.

Are the Caps hard to change.. for someone like me?? I built computers many times from scratch so im not a complete idiot.
                      On a scale of 1 to 10, with "1" being soldering two wires together, and "10" being replicating the robotic reflow machines used in commercial production, capacitors would rank a "2" or "3". They are dead easy to do.

It will slowly get worse, though -- until the point at which it may do actual damage that cannot be easily repaired.

Comment

IM sure I could handle.. Its now just trying to get time to unscrew all these and get pics for you to see... With 4 kids running around here driving me nuts, I don't know when ill get a chance lol.. Might be after their bedtime.

Comment

I think that I was that guy who replaced the mainboard. I had replaced all the capacitors and it didn't fix the problem,but it was a different model the 46A530.
                          The capacotors may cos even less then $20, maybe even half of that.
                          Even if you end up replacing the mainboard, it doesn't hurt to replace the capacitors.

Comment

Thanks TIBI, it did seem you had the same problem as me though correct?

Comment

Most likely I had the same issue. I don't remember the video how it looked, but I know that the sound it was unbearable. I have tried with other sources and it seemed like it would work, but only for like a minute or two and the same issue would come back.
                              I had a similar board from another similar TV, but 52, not 46 and I have tried it out with that and it worked, but after trying different adjustments in the service menu, I couldn't get the right color for the HDMI inputs. The rest of the inputs were working fine.
                              So after this test I knew that I needed a mainboard, which I have found through Ebay, locally. I have found a complete TV with broken screen like 40 miles away for $60.

Comment

SO far it hasn't done it the last few times.. I unplugged it overnight and the last 2 mornings I was good. Im sure it wont last but praying it will.

Comment

Any fault that goes away on its own will come back on its own.

Comment

oh its been back but we haven't watched much tv lately.. Been so busy to pull off that back cover

Comment

Ok so long overdue update. I had a buddy come over that knows a little about these things. We took the back cover off and the capacitors looks flat and clean.. No raises they looked perfect.

I notice the TV only does this loud noise with the horrid picture when I turn it on with the PS3 already turned on...

If I turn the TV on and let it sit for 5 min to heat up or whatever then turn the ps3 on it works fine..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by tpeter; 03-12-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Capacitors do not have to bulge to be failed.

But, whether or not it has bad caps, it's temperature sensitive. Try using a hairdryer on the main board (which has the HDMI and other video inputs on it.) If it "boots up" quicker, the fault is there. If not, move on to the power supply.

Comment

Working...
                                        X