power problem? your knowledge needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power problem? your knowledge needed..

Just a quick pointer - I have a 42" Alba just over 2yrs old and it was all fine working until my son tried changing the scart lead when it was powered on.
    Now not a thing no lights standby or any other - on opening to check for bulging caps etc seen 2 I guess fuseable resistors cermeric type burnt out on this psu 17pw26-3 replaced and still no power and no obvious bad caps but I was just woundering would a power surge from adjusting the scart cause a fault on the main board thus blowing these resistors - limited in understanding but I will check the power from the psu is at the passover pins to the main board ?? any advice first if this power fail has been seen before thanks for any help..

Re: power problem? your knowledge needed..

Starter for 10 - Fuse in mains lead good?
    Is mains lead plug in type - try another lead - try this lead in something else
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi, yes changed fuse 5a and tested - removed power lead and power at pins fron mains to lead end ? thanks for the reply

Comment

The two burnt resistors are at location r829 and r830 on the 17pw26-3 psu

Comment

There is probably a fuse on this board - near the mains lead - it is possibly a small cylinder shape doesnt look like a fuse - designated F800 F600 F100 will have some writing nearby saying 240v 2 A or whatever - did you find it/test it?
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

yes I have found it F800 t 33.15A 250V -cannot test just yet multimeter is dead new one on order should be here monday.. thanks for you help.. would these r829 and r830 resistors cause this fault or is these caused by a fault in your opinion somewhere else.. or is it just a case of tracing the flow and testing. The resistors by the way are grey in colour and 1cm ish long r830 colour code orange - orange - silver - gold and r829 is yelloe - purple - silver - gold.. just for info what type are these .. thanks again..

Comment

Not a clue - I dont have a background in electronics I am just picking up bits of information here and there and pass on when appropriate. If you look at this post www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16911 you will see this series of power boards are a minefield.
              If you need full help with your TV you will need to post pictures of the top and bottom of the boards. We need to be able to read the part numbers on the boards and they should be jpg no bigger than 2 mb and no bigger than 2000x 2000. Post them using manage attachments which is found by clicking on go advanced at the bottom of quick reply.
              A bit of information about your abilities and the tools you have
              helps - have a look at some other posts - use the search facility- you will soon see what info you need to provide to get the best help. Resistors- depends what you mean I can look up the values but guess you did that if you have replaced -wattage is based on physical size. The body colour varies with manufacturer.

By the way that fuse will be 3.15 amps 250v
              Last edited by selldoor; 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM. Reason: fuse

Comment

Working...
              X