Rca 32la30rq problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca 32la30rq problems

I have this 32" RCA tv that belongs to a friend. She said it will work for a day or two sometimes then won't work for a week or so. She also said that once the tv was on the only way to turn off was to unplug it. When she gave it to me I got the power led to change from red to blue but I never got a picture, tried turning off and like she said, nothing from the control panel or remote. I have had the control panel problem before and it ended up being a am-1117 voltage regulator on the main board. I probed all of the VR's on this main board and everything seemed to be within spec. All output's on the power supply are on all the time now! Even in the current state it's in with the red LED (off) position. Can't seem to get it to power up again like it did when I first got it. Anyone got any suggestions? All power supply voltages are within spec. I'm still thinking Main board but not sure.
    Attached Files

Re: Rca 32la30rq problems

nobody??
    Couldn't find a service manual either but if anyone might know where one is please direct me towards it.

Comment

rmoody....I am having the same problem as you are. Plug it in and shes on however the screen is lit but no control over the other function buttons. I am wondering and looking into replacing the whole powerboard of which I suspect. The reason I feel this way is that the other board (tuner etc) seems to be effected as well in which I believe the the power board is not giving power to the proper circuits to function normally. I had a Sharp lcd dong the same thing and I replaced about half of the capacitors on that board and I recovered a good set back to normal and to this day after a year is still working fine. My guess the power. Again expensive, but an easy solution to the problem..jon

Comment

I'm having problems with an RCA 32LA45RQ with no service manual, however I noticed printed on the power supply board it shows all the voltages that should be present on pins for the connectors. You may want to see if they are on your board also.

Comment

I think the problem you are having is the EEPROM IC. I just got one of these TVs today and the only way to turn it on is with the remote. I can turn it on and off with the remote only but that is it. I tested all the voltage regulators and they seem to be good so now I am looking into getting an EEPROM. I will post what happens.
          Attached Files

Comment

I got the EEPROM and put it in today but sad to say it did not fix the problem. I guess I have to order a main board. But my opinion is why order the same board that is only going to go bad again. I have a main board for a LEGEND L3211 and all the wires connected but there was no way I could screw it down so I used jumper wires. The TV turned on but the RCA remote had no effect. I used the buttons on the side and it was all working but the buttons are not coded right. Push vol+ and the volume goes up but when I push Vol- the channel goes down.

I guess I will keep my eye out for a cheap main board and buy it, looks like I got no choice unless someone figures out how to fix the main board.

Comment

Check the ESR values of the caps on the Main Board. Perhaps two of them maybe high caising ripple voltage to leak and affect the DC supply line to the CPU Core or the DDR Ram ICs...

Comment

I did not have an ESR meter, and they are so darn expensive for a nice one. Tried to test the ESR with an ohm meter and that seems impossible. So I decided to buy a cheap one for $17.00, not happy about that because I wanted a nice one.

What is a good ESR value for a 100uf 25v Cap?
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X