Samsung PS-50C91HD - disconnecting boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS-50C91HD - disconnecting boards

Samsung PS-50C91HD - How do I disconnect white ribbon connector from Y-Sustain Board and how do I disconnect Y-Sustain Board from two Y-Buffer Boards?

Re: Samsung PS-50C91HD - disconnecting boards

Connector latches and screws.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Connector latches and screws I can see. Screws I can unscrew. Latches I do not want to break. How do I unlatch the connectors?

Comment

Anybody with advice on how to unlatch and not break the connectors?

Comment

post some pictures .

Comment

Please see photos. Black connector y-sustain to y-buffer and white connector (data ribbon).
            Attached Files

Comment

Its not hard, will link one of my vids on this chassis. We cant help with everything and wipe your ass the whole time you have to try it yourself. Hopefully this can help watch it all the way through.

https://youtu.be/57aDWsiLIxE
              Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 01-15-2017, 07:42 AM.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks very much ReeceyBurger123. The video is great. Now I know how to do it without breaking anything. But now I have a new problem - which hand must I use for the wiping? :-)
                Last edited by Tuned; 01-16-2017, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Lol I like being a twat sometimes have fun, keep us updated and the same hand you write with

Comment

Thanks again ReecyBurger 123. I also have a Samsung PS50P91FD that was not working (click of death) when I got it. I replaced two capacitors (blown) in the power supply and it works very well now (will see for how long). So my questions are - what else should I look out for now that I have the back off it - and should I add cooling fans (if so what and where)? When I do not try to fix broken TVs I try to fix my Land Rovers (all three broken ones) - so you see there is no hope for me! And being down under in the colony makes it worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuned View Post
                      Thanks very much ReeceyBurger123. The video is great. Now I know how to do it without breaking anything. But now I have a new problem - which hand must I use for the wiping? :-)
                      left hand of course ..that is why folk shake hands with their right hand

Comment

Thanks petehall347 - but now you have me worried again - what about the people who grab your hand in both of theirs? I am all anxious now and need to watch some TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuned View Post
                          Thanks petehall347 - but now you have me worried again - what about the people who grab your hand in both of theirs? I am all anxious now and need to watch some TV.
                          this is why b days were invented . you get to wash your hands at the same time ...

Comment

Just a quick report - all went well. Broke nothing and resoldered all the joints of components mounted to heat sinks on Y-Sustain Board. All good now. Does not lose video when hot. I am thinking of modifying the back cover so that I can use it as a toaster - the heat sinks get hot enough! :-)

Comment

thanks for the update this seems like its is a common issue we see on these samsung s with the soldering issues on the parts on the heatsinks.

Comment

Add fans and you better heatsink them buffer ICs and recap the ymain and tighten all screws on the ymain and xmain and recap the xmain and recap the psu and then your done

Comment

Working...
                                X