Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus UX51VZ Zenbook U500V

Hello,

I need some help in figuring out if the short i have on this board it's a short to general ground plane or it's a defective component somewhere in the positive current distribution.

I have a short to ground from the choke near the charger input, a short to ground from the chokes for 5V and 3.3V, a short to ground near the BIOS chip, a short to ground from a choke near the battery connector.

I attached some images with areas and an arrow that points the direction of the short. The RT 8239B present on this M/B it's shot, but i do not have a short to ground in that area, all the shorts seem to be on the Vin feed. If i connect the charger the path immediately following the charger plug get's hot and it blows the first FET as marked on the picture.

Being unable to find a schematic for this board, things are somewhat confusing. I managed to find the UX31 schematic but it's not entirely correct, of course, for my case....
    Attached Files

Re: Asus UX51VZ Zenbook U500V

Originally posted by nicolae788 View Post
    Hello,

I need some help in figuring out if the short i have on this board it's a short to general ground plane or it's a defective component somewhere in the positive current distribution.

I have a short to ground from the choke near the charger input, a short to ground from the chokes for 5V and 3.3V, a short to ground near the BIOS chip, a short to ground from a choke near the battery connector.

I attached some images with areas and an arrow that points the direction of the short. The RT 8239B present on this M/B it's shot, but i do not have a short to ground in that area, all the shorts seem to be on the Vin feed. If i connect the charger the path immediately following the charger plug get's hot and it blows the first FET as marked on the picture.

Being unable to find a schematic for this board, things are somewhat confusing. I managed to find the UX31 schematic but it's not entirely correct, of course, for my case....
    Hello, I have already almost this same issue.
    Seems every 3,3V or 5V is on short, I removed some MOSFETs like you and replace them but with no lucky.
    Everytime I put voltage at shorted point some times I only get heat at Southbridge chip.
    I have the boardview but I'm confused, could anyone help me?

Comment

Hello friends. Did you find a defect in this board? I also have a problem here. Well thank you

Comment

Never solved that board. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X