Help..how do i identify mosfets of similar rating etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help..how do i identify mosfets of similar rating etc

I got a friends motherboard and it seems to have 4 mosfets blown up...

now i know the caps are good cause i changed them a month ago (after fixing my board based on tutorials and help from here..^_^ ).

it worked fine he said till they had a blackout and then boom the board is gone again. he gave it back to me saying i got a new one and now i really want to fix it...

problem is i have no idea how to deal with mosfets let alone knowing what to see when u want to buy replacement.

this is what is written on the burt mosfet nikos p0903bdg (with a code at the bottom just below p0903bdg.

i reached rs.delivers.in but its having variations on volt and amp etc. and i dont know what to get....

also i want to test the other mosfets how do i do it with a multimeter...

Any help is appreciated....

Re: Help..how do i identify mosfets of similar rating etc

Originally posted by firstview View Post
    I got a friends motherboard and it seems to have 4 mosfets blown up...

now i know the caps are good cause i changed them a month ago (after fixing my board based on tutorials and help from here..^_^ ).

it worked fine he said till they had a blackout and then boom the board is gone again. he gave it back to me saying i got a new one and now i really want to fix it...

problem is i have no idea how to deal with mosfets let alone knowing what to see when u want to buy replacement.

this is what is written on the burt mosfet nikos p0903bdg (with a code at the bottom just below p0903bdg.

i reached rs.delivers.in but its having variations on volt and amp etc. and i dont know what to get....

also i want to test the other mosfets how do i do it with a multimeter...

Any help is appreciated....
    I don't know...

Either that power supply dumped primary voltage into the MB, or you had a major "ground potential shift," forcing LOTS of current between two supposed "ground" points. One happened to be the case of that computer..

Anything else damaged after this power event?

How are his HDD and optical drive(s)? Are they dead too?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kaboom; 07-05-2013, 10:55 PM.
    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
      I don't know...

Either that power supply dumped primary voltage into the MB, or you had a major "ground potential shift," forcing LOTS of current between two supposed "ground" points. One happened to be the case of that computer..

Anything else damaged after this power event?

How are his HDD and optical drive(s)? Are they dead too?
      he said his hdd has started clicking on the new board and is planning tosell and buy a new one..And for optical drive he doesn't have any....(says it doesnt last for him cause he ends up raping them....(3years= 3optical drives gone bad)

Comment

What about other removable devices/cards, such as video card(s), sound card (not including onboard sound), wifi card?

Anything like that left from the old system now not working with the new board?

He probably lost all the RAM, too.

What about the CPU?
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
          What about other removable devices/cards, such as video card(s), sound card (not including onboard sound), wifi card?

Anything like that left from the old system now not working with the new board?

He probably lost all the RAM, too.

What about the CPU?
          nothing of the sort was a simple system asus motherboard with pentium d and hdd with 512 mb ddr1 ram

no idea about processor or ram cause he said its working.....(atleast thats what the shop tecnician said ...) so he put them on auctioning....

I guess only the board was hit .....

Comment

In capacitors there are basically 3-4 main points that u have to see to get a matching one for the motherboard and then the brand name (i prefer rubycon or nichicon). but what do i have to see in mosfets ...i mean there are like 10-15 stuff written on the datasheet......totally confusing .....

just need a replacement for nikos p0903bdg but i dont know what to look when searching........
            Last edited by firstview; 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X