Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

I got my display back working after unplugging for 6 days... Died again the same day.
    Got working again after 6 days... Died again after turning it off.

Is this really related to EEPROM OR SPI Memory ?

Some people had success with power button mashing...
    Some had success with holding a couple of buttons...

There seems to be two or three types of problems.

Comment

Well tonight I did sone more testing and with the help of a ps3 was able to get the lights to not go red blinking
      I hooked hdmi into port 2 and turned it on and the pscrap tv
      And light stayed blue until I did a video reset on the ps3 then light went to green and stayed until I turned off the ps3 off but only did this on hdmi 2

Comment

Also, can anybody tell me where is the EEPROM ?
        Marked screenshot will be helpful.

Thanks.

Comment

One more thing I would like to share...
          The Monitor powers through the USB Service port too...

I was just experimenting with a USB Cable with same type at both ends.
          Connected one end to the monitor and another end to a computer usb port.
          And when I press the power button (No power cable plugged) it powers on but with same red light blinking twice.

And In some cases, it does not powers but gives a single red light blink on every power button click and stays red.

Comment

That's not a service port, its a charging port for the glasses. It's in the owners manual.

Comment

When this thing works how does the input button work
              To change the input

Comment

@arunningpir8
                Its mentioned as Service Connector in the user manual. It also charges glasses, It also powers up the panel (Not completely but just enough to display the error code of blinking light)
                Well... I used it to power up a dual USB Fan, assuming this monitor had heat issues.
                Also note that... when I power this monitor with its power plug, the USB fans also gets power up while the monitor blinks the red light.

@kornwood
                The input button just switches from HDMI1, HDMI2 and component. thats it.

Comment

Just by pressing it once it changes to each one
                  Or hit the input button then down arrow then input bitton again thanks

Comment

Pressing the input button switches the input type... No Up or Down arrow

Comment

I just sent my board off to be repaired by the eBay repair shop. Once I get it back in a working condition, I could potentially provide the .bin file from the newly programmed EEPROM. I do not have much experience with this however and I do not have a programmer. What is a good recommendation for a programmer that is cheap and how would I go about reading the contents of the EEPROM chip.

Comment

we will be eagerly waiting...
                        Also let me know, where exactly is the eeprom chip on the board ?

Comment

Comment

nope thats not it
                            its correct location is u4

Comment

can anybody confirm which location is correct ?

Comment

yea i did and many others its location is u4
                                compare the numbers on the chip
                                read post 46
                                Last edited by kornwood; 08-23-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Two anecdotal solutions I haven't been able to replicate but which may provide clues or otherwise prove useful:
                                  1.)
                                  from YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81T2WNkPMKE

tetsue304 9 months ago
                                  I FIXED MINE!
                                  Like the most of you, i was getting ready to throw this [$%&#] thing out the window,
                                  All I did was take the power cord (the side that plugs into the tv) and had it almost connected with the prongs inside the tv and moved it back and forth, when you do this you should hear electricity arcing from the cord to the prongs inside the tv. after that press the power button, i did this about 5 times before the [$%&#] decided to turn on,
                                  try it out and see if it works no guarantees though

2.)
                                  http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/36482782
                                  Fisherman27
                                  ‎02-08-2012 06:47 AM

I too had the samething happen to me to and it sucks!!So i exchanged it for a second monitor and the same thing happened again. people there is a USB slot hidden on the monitor, u can find it by taking ur finger and run it on the bottom of the plastic on the back and u should feel a loose piece of plastic. Remove it and get a USB to USB cable plug it into ur monitor and the other end into ur computer. Make sure u have power going to the monitor first and if all goes well u hopefully will get ur picture back. I did this today and it made my picture come back. Not sure what the usb port is for, must be for sony use. Try it out guys and i hope this will work for u:smileyhappy: I have left my usb cable plug in to but that because i want to, don't know if it will help.

Comment

we know the usb port is there we can use it to charge the glasses
                                    now think about this why would you want to send 5 volts to that usb when it sends out 5 volts when powered on

now the first one might be something totally different cause no matter how many times i try it it wont make a sound neither tv will
                                    other electronics of mine do make that sound when there plugged in
                                    Last edited by kornwood; 08-24-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

It's probably directly connected to the 5V rail, so you are backpowering it. Not recommended.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, I'm guessing that connecting the USB to the computer either did nothing (and that person got lucky) or somehow achieved the same thing as fiddling with the power cord. My set did briefly (~10sec) work after not being plugged in for a month before reverting to two blinks of the red light. And I've seen some people say switching outlets works.
                                        Last edited by Jammy; 08-25-2013, 10:57 AM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

@icepuentenm69p

Any update ?
                                          Did you got your board back from ebay ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X