Polaroid TLX-03210B not responding.... at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid TLX-03210B not responding.... at all

This is NOT the "smoking/bulging cap" issue, or at least not the one that everyone else seems to have. Recently a TV stopped responding ENTIRELY to ANY sort of input after having a VGA cable plugged to my PC from the graphics card (I don't really think this was the cause of the issue, though - how would that even work?). I plugged it in, and for a moment it worked fine - it displayed the image from my PC, albeit in the wrong resolution, and it didn't seem to show any problems. But I turned the TV off for a moment while I went to the bathroom, and when I went back, I tried to turn it back on, but... nothing. The LED was red, and it did nothing. I tried the power button on both the TV's panel and the stock remote that came with it, and nothing. I tried power cycling it to restore it to factory settings, and nothing. I've even taken it apart to check for problems, and I checked and reconnected the connectors of the control panel and everything else, and nothing had any noticeable problems. I don't really know what a "bulging capacitor" would look like, but I didn't see anything that looked particularly abnormal.

All it does is sit there, with the LED on red, and does not respond to anything. At all.

Any suggestions for what the problem might be, or what I should do to get to the bottom of the problem? I'm not exactly an experienced electrician, but I've "serviced" several smaller devices (video game consoles, VCR/DVD players, PCs) in the past, and never had a problem as weird as this before.

This TV is about 2 years old and I'm pretty sure it's well past its warranty.

[e] pics: http://www.mediafire.com/?llzu2o25nkqc5
    Last edited by wohdin; 05-19-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: pics

Re: Polaroid TLX-03210B not responding.... at all

Can you take some pictures of the boards in your TV? These Polaroids (and in general the Proview chassis) has a problem with the main board cage getting mis-seated from the main connector.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This is a very common Polaroid defect - aka "the red light of death". The problem is the control board - nobody has been able to figure out what goes wrong with it. Your best solution is to get a working board from a set with a cracked screen. Several people have posted horror stories from boards acquired on eBay. I also had difficulty with 1 board that I got on eBay, but the second board worked perfectly. This is the part number: 200-107-GT321XA-BH

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/yVeGr#0
        Here are some pics of the boards, but imgur seems to have shrunk them. I'll mediafire them in a bit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?llzu2o25nkqc5
        Last edited by wohdin; 05-19-2012, 03:09 PM. Reason: links

Comment

I have all boards for a Polaroid, will have to check to see if its the same model or not..

Comment

Working...
          X