Power supply made by DPS-210EP-2C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power supply made by DPS-210EP-2C

Failue in this Power Supply for Westinghouse LCD . No apparent Bulging Caps, but that does not say one could cause LCD not to turn on.

Re: Power supply made by DPS-210EP-2C

dps= delta made. delta makes very good power supplies, they are one of the best.

check the logic board of the tv... westinghouse is known for bad caps on the logic board.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Delta do use LTEC caps on their PSUs sometimes. They aren't as bad as Fuhjyyu but they do fail, especially in monitors where there is no fan to cool them.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
        dps= delta made. delta makes very good power supplies, they are one of the best.

check the logic board of the tv... westinghouse is known for bad caps on the logic board.
        Thankyou for this Heads up. I found a new Power supply, but I have not tried to find a Bad Cap on old Board. I will check Logic Board. Set does not belong to me, and I have not been able to find a Service Manual.

Comment

Delta also use Capxon in their desktop PSUs from time to time.

Comment

Can I use this power supply in my VX2835WM? Mine is a PSM217-404-H-R.
            I found this one is available, the DPS that is.

Thanks.

Comment

I used this supply and it worked fine for all those looking. 12volt connector is slightly different and it has a fuse on it, but otherwise it functions and I am using the monitor to see this page.

Comment

I am considering replacing the VX2835wm's PSM217-404-H-R power supply with the DPS-210EP.

-Is the 12V connector the 2-pin connector that connects the power cable plug to the power supply?
                -Does the 12V connector from the vx2835wm still fit even though it is slightly different or does the plug need to be replaced as well as the power suplly?

Comment

Working...
                X