Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN52A530

I had 52 inch Samsung LCD tv Model LN52A530
    One day Picture shows only on half screen sometimes shows on the whole screen
    maybe FHD60C4LV0.3, SAMSUNG T-CON go bad?

any one know what wrong my TV
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN52A530

ive seen this as a trend lately. it went from a huge capacitor common failure point to t-cons being a common failure point.

Comment

what you mean huge capacitor common & location of huge capacitor common?
      Thanks

Comment

huge capacitor common failure point is just a phrase i used. Basically it means the capacitor plague.

Comment

Has anyone fixed this problem yet by replacing the T-con board? I will be helping someone fix a LN52A580 with similar issues. See pic below.
          I have to travel to get to this person so I want a clear understanding of the direct cause before I get there. Although I hate to be a board swapper, in this case, it works best for me.
          Attached Files
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Oh and yes, it does do this same thing with a signal applied.
            The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Hoadle, Replace T-CON.

Dgtech, iffy, try a T-CON, reason is Hoadle's is more clear-cut is it is split exact down the middle.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

so did you replace the tcon and did it work?

Comment

For me, the person never got back to me to fix the TV before I moved from Baltimore. I have fixed others with the same symptoms by changing TConn.

Comment

oh, well I had the exact some problem as the guy with the first post. the same side of the screen and everything. I replaced the tcon card and it was still having the same issue.

Comment

By 'reseating' the cables going into the tcon board this can sometimes fix this problem. My screen did this and reseating the cables fixed it sort of. What I was left with is a solid 6" vertical line but the rest of the tv pictue is fine. And afterwards I repaced the main board + tcon board which did not solve the 6" vertical line issue.
                      Last edited by curtisc306; 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Hi guys

I have the same issue with a samsung ln52a580p6fxza and I changed th tcon.
                        Be aware that if purchased before 2012 and other conditions, you are entitle to a free repair of the main board by samsung.

I will now have the repair change the main board and we ll see.

Any idea how to fix that ?

Comment

Same bad image as shown on post 5.
                          Here is my fix:
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25371
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

man, and I took one of these apart and dumped the screen in the garbage.
                            So those pads help with the temperature?
                            I have tried aluminum sheet metal pieces, but they didn't work, I guess the contact it wasn't perfect.
                            In my opinion this issue is most likely tab bonding problem and not T-con. Specially if it's not exactly at the center of the screen.

Comment

Guys,

I am still going to ask the repair guys to change the capacitor and the board ( don't remember which one is covered in the class action).
                              I really don't think the tcon was the problem. I changed it and still the lines are showing up.

I think ok the cable that links the tcon to the main board.

Any thought ?

Thank you

Comment

A bad capacitor wouldn't cause this.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom66, would it be the cable that connects the tcon to the board ?

Comment

It's more than likely a bad LCD panel.
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom66, after a couple of test with the cables, map, that link to the LCD, it is very likely that it is the issue of pressure on them.
                                      Where can I found them ?

Thank you.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. You can fix it often without replacing the entire LCD panel, but it's tricky.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44

Comment

Working...
                                        X