Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPERTS PLEASE HELP: Toshiba L675D-S7049 Freezes

Can someone please offer some detailed guidance

Toshiba L675D-S7049 laptop works perfectly fine on battery. However, once plugged in, either immediately or after a bit of time, laptop completely freezes and only hard power shutdown does anything. Warranty is finished and Toshiba is not helping whatsoever.

I have looked everywhere online & I have tried countless remedies to no avail. I opened up laptop & attachments R pics of mobo. It does NOT have da NEC/TOKIN caps, however, there are:

Mobo: NALAE LA-6053P
    Rev: 1A

3 0E5 220 6.3V
    3 0G4 390 2.5V
    3 0J4 VLPS 330 2.5V
    (the little round metallic partially purple items in the picture attachments)

If I am focusing on da wrong items, please let me know. Otherwise, which ones should I change and with what??? Please help, your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
    Please if you can, give me some guidance

Attached Files
    Last edited by openupshop; 04-18-2012, 07:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention some items

Re: EXPERTS PLEASE HELP: Toshiba L675D-S7049 Freezes

Freezing usually indicate bad caps , but if you don't measure voltages around the board you can't say what's wrong . Maybe cpu, northbridge , southbridge , vga failing ...

Comment

Originally posted by pctek View Post
      Freezing usually indicate bad caps , but if you don't measure voltages around the board you can't say what's wrong . Maybe cpu, northbridge , southbridge , vga failing ...
      Thank you so much for your reply, you don't know how much I appreciate it. Can you please guide me as to which caps to measure, and if you could please, a little direction on how to measure them and what to re-post for further instructions.

It is the same exact issue as the other thread that mentions removing and replacing the NEC/TOKEN 0E907. But I do not have this particular, but others.

Thank you so much again.

Comment

need the other side of mobo picture ....

Comment

pctek and Xaviero1412, once again thank you for you replies.

Attached you will find two pictures of the opposite side of the motherboard. For your reference, I have also attached a pdf that has the board layout pages and schematic for the motherboard.

I have a multimeter to measure and I have decent soldering, electronics skills except this particular area is a weakpoint for me. If you could guide me as to what to measure and what to realize is the issue, and any possible solutions, I would tremendously appreciate it.

I can re-post whatever else information you may require so please let me know.

Thank you again and I look forward to your guidance...
          Attached Files

Comment

Can someone Please Please Help.....I have an Identical issue to the other thread, "Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in" Laptop works perfect when charged but should I try to use it plugged in, it freezes immediately or soon thereafter, however, it does continue to charge. Then again on battery, works great again.

The aforementioned thread has provided a solution for so many people, however, I do not have the NEC/TOKIN 0E907 under the CPU or anywhere else on the motherboard. I have included the schematics for the motherboard as well as pictures on the posts preceding this one.

I would be much obliged to anyone who could guide me towards a solution or which caps to check/change, any other suggestions.....

Comment

I think you could try to remove the solid caps (purple) behind cpu they are C23 ,C24, next to CPU ,C75, C86 and the two tantalum 330uf C25 ,C26.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by fabiog View Post
                I think you could try to remove the solid caps (purple) behind cpu they are C23 ,C24, next to CPU ,C75, C86 and the two tantalum 330uf C25 ,C26.

hope this helps.
                Thank you so much Fabiog, much obliged to you. Could you please tell me if once I remove them:

Should I just replace them with identical caps?
                Any particular brand or type of Caps?

Thank you again.

Comment

Yes replace with identical caps (new if possible) same uf and voltage.

Comment

Hello where you been able to fix it? Having the same problem but laptop freezes on charger and on battery only.

Comment

robrock1, think you should be specific with yours, is it the same laptop model or a different model?

Comment

boot normal in os on battery and disable the second core of CPU.
                        report back after what happen
                        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

sometimes you cant even boot fully to the os, when the desktop comes, some 1 minute or so screen goes black.
                          Its the same model like yours, what ive tried so far:

reflow northbridge
                          reflow southbridge
                          resolder cpu power ic

no iam going to change all the capacitors around the cpu socket, i will report back later

Comment

hey, what about the charger ? is it original ?

Comment

Before u go to deep level please make sure your adapter can support the power need by laptop. If u have dc regulator power supply u can see some amount ampere input to laptop

Comment

I disabled the 2nd core of the cpu now its running fine, maybe cpu is damaged, or some problem with the bios or drivers using this type of cpu? So you just start windows, msconfig and go to the advanced settings and disable the other core, that is all. iam sure the board is fine.

Comment

good for you do you know how i find this solution?
                                  i open a acer aspire 6920 mine and for a friend so guess what i find there? a TOKIN capacitor the guy told he has to leave the country so he needs a quick solution, i search the web and only think i found its to try (with luck) disable some thinks in device manager.
                                  I found that if i disable the second core the notebook run OK.
                                  NO the CPU ITS FINE ; caps or power supply not giving corect V

Comment

but i dont have any tokin capacitor there

Comment

the tokin capacitor = combination of capacitors ==> you got capacitors there

Comment

if you say so... so if i replace all the capacitors around the cpu it should work out?

Comment

Working...
                                        X