This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

1.6 ohm for such capacitor is a reasonable value.

As for replacement, I'd look at Nichicon PW or capacitors with similar specs as Nichicon PW.

Don't hesitate to replace it with a capacitor rated for 50v or even higher, it's not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
      Surprisingly from a high value Belinea flat screen (10 20 30):
      Almost all caps on the controller board and the 1000µ PSU cap.

- All the TEAPO (No surprise)
      100µ * 6
      330µ

- All OST
      470µ
      330µ

- All Eltec (Eltoc ?)
      1000µ
      Teapo???are the same brand that are mounted inside the d-link and netgear!

Comment

oh.there are plenty of them here in our country.

Comment

Thanks for your response!

Comment

I have a couple of HP 17" LCD's that had some dark spots ( bad pixels ) that had good boards I used to fix other Dell LCD's. I'm thinking of recapping them to have as spare since I see a lot of these. The first board is a BenQ with 19 caps, 16 Elite ( 2 obviously bad ) and 3 Lelon. The second is a really f snazzy board with the display driver circuitry on the same board as the PS with a large Genesis chip. It has 3 OST caps ( 2 obviously bulging and 14 Su'scon all of which appear okay. Should I replace all of the caps because they are suspect?

Comment

Odd... After putting together a ESR meter I went through my cap collection, which includes new ones that I may use for prototyping for the heck of it. I found a brand new NIC capacitor that had open ESR... A 35V 220uF 105C unit. I noticed the bottom was kind of sagging and pressed it in... Some liquid oozed out! Into the bad caps pile it goes. I couldn't believe I had a -new- cap that didn't get soldered or even stuck into a protoboard (since the leads were different lengths like if it was new, I highly doubt I used it before!)

I would hope this is not typical of NIC capacitors, but it was one bad apple I got...

Comment

Giving Fuhjyyu a good workout today, 40°C outside and no air conditioning.

Comment

Does any one know of antel caps , Are these any good , i bought some off a supplier but i can't find any information about where they are made or quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Techstar View Post
                    Does any one know of antel caps , Are these any good , i bought some off a supplier but i can't find any information about where they are made or quality.
                    Dont look great - small chinese producer - even crap cap manufacturers give more detail.
                    probably just badged rubbish, but perhaps someone knows better

http://www.antel.hk/product_show.asp...ID2=108&ID=528

Ask your supplier?
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I bought these antel caps to re-cap the secondary side on a baird lcd tv.
                      I have bought the same capacitance and voltage ratings but the antels are just
                      too wide on the lead spacings to fit. I guess i will have to measure the lead spacings and look else where.

Comment

I see that this thread hasn't been updated in awhile, but it is very interesting reading. I would like to add some suspicious caps to the list if I may. I opened up a Sony VCR, which was bought in 2008 or maybe 2009. Nobody makes VCRs well anymore, and probably for good reason, but I was surprised to get a Sony that was such crap. None of the caps appears to be bad, but in two different places on this board, I've got resistors that have burned up so badly, I am surprised I didn't have a fire to deal with. I have no doubt that if I bothered to test these caps, I would discover that they were the real culprit. But in this whole thread, I didn't see mention of them, so I wanted to add... they are labeled "Sam Young". I can only see two different types of caps... CapXon and Sam Young.

Comment

Samyoung was founded in 1972 as a joint venture with nippon chemi con / united chemi con...
                          In theory, being so old and with such company backing them up they should be of good quality.

However, I'm not sure where I've read or heard that at some point they sold Evercon/Sacon/GSC capacitors series under their brand (to have a larger catalogue of capacitors)

Evercon/Sacon is shit so who knows.

Comment

My Hisense LCD TV (HSL5529HDI) died on me yesterday. Turned out that there were at least three bulging Samxon GD caps on the PSU and another bulging one on the main board. Date codes for the TV: PSU 0833; mainboard 0838; rear panel plastic Oct 2008.

During the last successful power up of this TV, the backlight slowly faded on from right to left before hitting full power; the second power up attempt didn't have any fault (this was only done about a minute later so the caps were still fully charged); during the third power up (after leaving it unplugged and switched on for a while, discharging the caps) only the blue LED came on and that's where I gave up and took it apart. Eleven screws later, I managed to remove about an inch of the rear panel; turns out that there are nearly a dozen clips holding the two plastic halves together. Additionally, the LCD panel itself may now be cracked after trying to hunt around for said clips. Can't make it just fall off after taking out a dozen or so screws, can they? The only thing they didn't do was glue it shut like a wall wart...

In fact, I will now put up a few post-mortem photos in a new topic.
                            Last edited by Heihachi_73; 03-03-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Hello. How Samxon GF series caps compare to CapXon KF caps reliability wise?

Found 3 bulged CapXons in Samsung 205BW monitors power/inverter board. It is relatively easy for me to get Samxon GF caps from one local supplier. Is it worth to recap monitor with Samxon GF?
                              Last edited by maxd; 03-17-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

No. Samxon GF are just as bad as CapXon. That said, if it held a few years with the CapXon, it'll last a few more with Samxon GF, so it's your pick.
                                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thank You
                                  With original caps monitor worked for about 5 years.

Comment

Are "GRP" caps cheap Chinese junk or otherwise? They are apparently made by Zhaoqing Hongyi, but for no reason whatsoever, they put Matsushita 'M' logos on their caps.

Pulled a GRP 3.3uF 450V CDT series from a smashed CFL recently. This one has a Y-shaped vent, a plain flat bung and a Nichicon style negative stripe complete with rounded negative sign, however the negative sign itself is much longer than Nichicon's version.

It seems that there are a lot of Samxon failures going through this thread, are they really as good as people think? Going by the number of blown Samxon caps of varying types, including mine above, they are seemingly of the same quality as the infamous KZG.

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
                                      Are "GRP" caps cheap Chinese junk or otherwise? They are apparently made by Zhaoqing Hongyi, but for no reason whatsoever, they put Matsushita 'M' logos on their caps.

Pulled a GRP 3.3uF 450V CDT series from a smashed CFL recently. This one has a Y-shaped vent, a plain flat bung and a Nichicon style negative stripe complete with rounded negative sign, however the negative sign itself is much longer than Nichicon's version.

It seems that there are a lot of Samxon failures going through this thread, are they really as good as people think? Going by the number of blown Samxon caps of varying types, including mine above, they are seemingly of the same quality as the infamous KZG.
                                      Do you have any pictures of it?

Comment

Photos as requested. McD's cups make good cap stands.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I've never heard of this brand either. This Anodia 1000uF 16V cap was in a dead Telstra TT-300-6B cordless phone wall wart from 1997. Transformer was open on primary (19 ohms on secondary).

The negative stripe is identical to Su'scon. Note the basketball-shaped vent...
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X