This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. I found this forum because I'm trying to fix my Dell 2408 monitor.
    One morning it didn't turn on. At first the power button was amber, but after leaving it unplugged for several days it now flashes green then goes dark.

I've replaced the power board, nothing. Next I'm going to replace the power inverter. I'm not very experienced with electrical issues but I'm trying!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
      Hi my name is paul matried with two beautiful grown up girls.
      Ive been disabled for the padt 2 and a half years had to give up my job as a telecoms engineer for the past 16 years.

Comment

Got directed to this site from elsewhere as the best source to help diagnose problems with TVs. Hoping I can learn a lot!

Comment

Hi everybody, I am new on this forum, my name is Kay, electronics technician.

Comment

Hi all,

Fairly new here, came across the site whilst looking for information regarding VRM modules on motherboards and the possibility of bad caps but also with regards to voltages also.

I'm from Suffolk, UK originally, trained in mechanical engineering but also quite good with electrical engineering also. PC enthusiast as well as 3D printers and drones alongside cars and having a small workshop setup in my garage, I can pretty much repair just about anything.

I think that's enough to get started with

Comment

Hello All,

Todd here, techy guy from Australia, I spend my time fixinng computers, power supplies, game consoles and kangaroos.

I am still learning so take it easy on me

Cheers

Comment

Hi. I'm Rick.
                I'm looking for info to repair my tv.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi. I'm Jeremy.
                  I'm looking for info for my TV repair. Hope to start a thread soon.
                  Thanks,

Comment

Hello wonderful board I am Cinhil and have a unique problem with a nice tv i can't seem to find any pics similar too or threads anywhere in the past month about the issue i'm currently having!

putting the intro here to get some info on this tv soon as i am allowed to post. Thanks guys!!!!

Comment

Ok well I'm told I need to post 'my intro' into this thread. I cannot find any link to post my intro so I hope this blank "quick reply" space is where I'm suppose to put it, if not I'm sure someone will correct me. Occasionally I need to fix LCD TV's and I came across this site doing an internet search for repairing bad capacitors on Vizio TV's. I read through some of the forums and found the answer to the issue I had with my Vizio VW32LHDTV40A main board (which was a blown 3amp main board fuse). Best place to find help.
                      Frank, Richmond, KY

Comment

Hi!

I am TribalGFX from the Netherlands.
                        I watched the forum for a while and now the time has come to register

Comment

Hello to all, I live in south Mississippi. I've taken up repairing tvs as a hobby with my free time. I have found this site very helpful. Thanks
                          Dominic

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Jake from New York Metro. I'm new to tinkering under the hood of electronics and look forward to picking your collective brains.

I'm most interested in fixing "broken" things and bringing them back to life.

Other interests where perhaps I can contribute are Home Automation, IoT/Sensors, App Dev and Networking Technology.

Comment

Hello,

living in La Reunion (yes small island lost in indian ocean) and interested in repairing broken things i've encountered this forum.

Thanks for providing such forum with so much great ressources.

Comment

Hi my name is Dave , user name cb175 living in the UK
                                i am interested in anything technical, and love solving problems once i understand how it works and look forward to learning more

Thanks in advance for any help from other members

Comment

Hey, DART Service from Ukraine is here. Thanks for stuff I already found on the forum and for future help in advance

Comment

hello

from maryland

interested in repairing my tv

Comment

Hey guys and gals. I look forward to the tremendous help I know you guys have to offer. I am somewhat of a newbie working on TV's so please be patient with me. Don't get me wrong, I have learned a lot also, so if I can be of any help to anyone, you can count on me. Looking forward to many business relationships as well as personal relationships on the forum.

Thanks for having me,
                                      Jim

Comment

Hello, and thanks for the add. I'm Steve, I am primarily an automotive technician and Tuner, however I dabble in the electronics/computer repairing as much as I can, I am however self taught with no formal training (other than automotive) and I try to learn and research all I can. I appreciate all your help and advice in advance ... LOL Thanks

Comment

Hey y'all. Long time lurker. You guys have effectively helped me fix over 7 TVs. Now I need some more help on a LG Plasma. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X