RCA 42pA30RQ no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA 42pA30RQ no picture

I have this tv RCA 42PA30RQ.Tv has red led turn to green when on., But It has no picture.Power relay click and click couple times.Remove power connector to these Y and X board. No more click and click but power is on.

Look at Y and X board on the side of tv I found 3 IBGT RJP30E2 shorted On Y board.And 2 IBGT RJH30E2 shorted on X board.
    My question : If I order these expensive Mosfets and replace will fix the tv.Buffer board looks ok.Any body know what cause these Mosfets shorted?

Thanks

Re: RCA 42pA30RQ no picture

I do not see any crack on screen.with power connector unplug from y and X board. I see
    Va and Vs reachs 200v and 60v then goes down to zero.any idea please.

Comment

The FETs fail due to poor design by Samsung. Inadequate heat sinking.
      To test buffer:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom66. I aready order the Fets .8 dollars a piece. Hope they will fix tv.

Comment

You do realise both boards cost less than $40?

You may want to test buffer as I indicated. Also, the FET drivers may need to be tested. This is why I usually just swap these boards not just the FETs. I see the FETs on eBay for $2~$3 each.

Remember to use new thermal paste.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

~2 ~3 eur or dollars? Show me one seller has that cheap on Ebay Please
            Not from HongKong China

Comment

Oh I saw $8 each but it's $0.80? That's a damn good price. Where'd you get them from? Those were mostly China at $2~$3.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-RJH30E2...-/120886916895

Comment

So $8 each...
                  Just checked the prices, you guys get shafted in the US... in the UK the boards for the PS42B450 (same panel as 42PA30RQ) are £15~£20 each.

Comment

I like to buy some plasma stuff from England but a bit too far same as Hong Kong. I do want to wait too long( Merchandies must pass custome gate). Nice to know you.

Comment

Where do you live? Thought this model was US only. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

You are right . USA

Comment

SJ has heaps of parts, ymains $23, Xmains $29, Y buffer $32 or a complete all boards kit $124 42PA30RQ-K1 S42AX-YB09 panel

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...lt/?q=42PA30RQ

Result RJP30E2 (Equivalent Transistors)

Struct Pc Uce Ucesat Ueg Ic Tj Tr Cc Caps
                          1. RJP30E2DPP-M0 N-Channel 360V 1.7V 35A 150 TO220FL
                          2. RJP30E3DPP-M0 N-Channel 360V 1.6V 40A 150 TO220FL
                          3. RJP60D0DPP-M0 N-Channel 600V 1.6V 45A 70 TO220FL
                          4. RJP63F3DPP-M0 N-Channel 630V 1.7V 40A 100 TO220FL

Comment

I replace the Mosfets on Y and x Sustain board . Add more heatsink to be sure .
                            TV work ok.

Comment

Glad to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X