dual rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual rectifier

im looking for the data sheet for this part. part name is en220a it is from a ps to power the inverter.

Re: dual rectifier

Did you try typing en220a into google - is it one of those parts. Sorry if you tried that
    already - can you post a pic of it.
    Please also can you update your profile with country and mains voltage.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Do you have a picture of the part, and the area of the PSU it comes from?

If the device is failed (usually shorted), then it may be possible to use an alternative compatible device.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the part go right behind the yellow and black transformer. it traces back to the plugs for the inverter. it reads 1.83 in diode check. and 70k in ohms. which seems very low.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by timwebb22 View Post
          the part go right behind the yellow and black transformer. it traces back to the plugs for the inverter. it reads 1.83 in diode check. and 70k in ohms. which seems very low.
          are they not dual shottky diodes?
          fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
          please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

That sounds fine, but to confirm -

Number pins 1-3 left to right.

Labelled (pos/red) (neg/black) respectively (use diode test.)

Test 1-2 should read ~150 - 700.

Test 2-1 should read single "1" or "OL".

Test 2-3 should read single "1" or "OL".

Test 3-2 should read ~150 - 700.

Test 1-3 should read single "1" or "OL".

That looks a lot like a Toshiba PSU.

The power module clamped to the heatsink (the one with lots of pins) can sometimes go faulty, though this usually blows the fuse.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
              are they not dual shottky diodes?
              set your meter if dmm to 200 ohm,or 10k ohm anologue, pin 1 and 2 should show reading one way ,pins 2 and 3 should show reading one way
              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
              please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

im looking for the data sheet for this part. part name is en220a it is from a ps to power the inverter.
                "en220a rectifier" leads to

--- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Data sheet?
                  Attached Files
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Common Cathode with Isolated tab, we ran into this problem before with the person did not order the Isolated tab version.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                      Common Cathode with Isolated tab, we ran into this problem before with the person did not order the Isolated tab version.
                      I remember that its here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...987#post237987.

But the datasheet retiredcaps and I have given is for the TO-220F package
                      which is fully insulated, though it doesnt say so in the sheet other than by the package type.

Comment

i normally repair audio amps and such. im trying tv's now. different ball game now.
                        i tried google but didnt come up with anything. i did the steps they are good.
                        i found a bad zener diode over by the big ic now the relay click.

the problem was it was in a pawn shop on display and they left it on all the time until it went out if it helps any.

Comment

i normally repair audio amps and such. im trying tv's now. different ball game now.
                          i tried google but didnt come up with anything. i did the steps they are good.
                          i found a bad zener diode over by the big ic now the relay click.

the problem was it was in a pawn shop on display and they left it on all the time until it went out if it helps any.
                          Yeah, sounds like it just wore out.

Zeners are difficult to test with a meter, but they most commonly fail shorted or open. If you test one way and get a reading around 500mV, it is probably okay. But if you test nearly zero or open both ways then it's failed.

Are you getting any power indication from the TV? Any LED?

Do you have a multimeter?

If so:

- Is the mains fuse OK?
                          - Does it give a standby voltage (usually 5V)?
                          - If it turns on does 12/24V come up?

Comment

yeah i have a fluke 75 and a leader 15mhz scope.

these are the voltages
                            12v- 11.68
                            6v- 6.4
                            24v-0
                            5v-5
                            power sig 3.28
                            Last edited by timwebb22; 05-25-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

ok i was trying different grounding points while testing. i used the heatsink on the big ic as a grounding point and i see 28v on the 12-24v pin for the inverter and i get 19.6 volts on the pins on the inverter.

Comment

ok i was trying different grounding points while testing. i used the heatsink on the big ic as a grounding point and i see 28v on the 12-24v pin for the inverter and i get 19.6 volts on the pins on the inverter.
                                You should use the metal case for ground, not the primary side.

Comment

ok. it looks like im missing the 12-24v for the inverter.

Comment

Can you post a top-down picture of the PSU?

Comment

ok. it looks like im missing the 12-24v for the inverter.
                                      Was the main board connected when testing?
                                      and please can we have a picture of the bottom of the board.

Also can you state the make and model of the TV.

Comment

that dark spot must be from the factory. i seen it a few other power supplies online.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X