Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung FP-T5084 - Solved one problem, now have another (Clicking, Blinking LED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung FP-T5084 - Solved one problem, now have another (Clicking, Blinking LED)

I think I have the same issue as the OP.

Samsung FP-T5084 no video or audio with clicking sound when connected to AC. The clicking sound cycles about 3x then silence. I also noticed that the front power LED indicator is red and blinks on for 5 sec then off for 2 then repeats that cycle.

I checked the fuses on the PS and all of the 3 fuses are intact and not blown nor do I see any bad capacitors just from checking visually.

I removed the cable from the Y-main board to the PS to isolate. Same issue. Similarly, did the same with the X-main board. Same problem.

I also replaced 4 x 2200uf 10v capacitors on the PS with 2200uf 25v capacitors with no change in the symptom.

Before I replace the PS, any other tests I need to do? I do not quite comprehend some of the instructions on the thread and I apologize for that.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Re: Samsung FP-T5084 - Solved one problem, now have another (Clicking, Blinking LED)

I have the same issue with like Viking. On standby line I just measure 3.23V. And i also found out that the SL432 Shunt is the problem. Somebody there who can help me build up a ne flyback curcuit as viking has done. I need the items and schematic so I can build it up.

regards

Comment

You could just replace the shunt IC with the original -- may be available from a supplier -- OR, you can use a TL431, if you double the current resistor going from REF to GND.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The original Shunt isn't available here. Thats why I'd like to switch to TL431. I doubled the resistor from Ref to GND and it doesn't work. Maybe i have to measure again. I will reply on the next weekend.

Regards

Comment

You may have issues different to the previous poster.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Those photos are fine.

The left board (looking from the back) is the Y-main board. It connects to the plasma panel thru the buffer boards. The right is the X-main board.

There is a large power connector going from the power supply to the X-main board. If you disconnect this, does the TV stop clicking? With the X-main disconnected, you will get a picture, but it will be quite poor (usually dim, slow to change, and sometimes purple-tinted.)
              Sorry to hijack, but this is my exact symptom.
              If I turn the Samsung 42" TV on, I just get a clicking relay.
              However if I disconnect the x main board, no clicking and the TV tries to turn on, startup sound and everything but a picture.

Does this mean the x main board is faulty?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Garry

Comment

Yes, though you should usually get a visible, but poor quality picture (it will be very dark, check in dark room to see if any panel light is visible.)

Comment

All I get is tiny flickers, like stars all over the screen.

Comment

I have sound, if that makes a difference.

Comment

Ok I have two main connections to the X main board, if I have both connected I just get the the relay clicking, if I disconnect either (one to Y main & the other to PSU) the TV turns on and I get sound but no picture. Does that help at all?

All help appreciated as I am recently unemployed and now without a TV, all going well......not

Comment

New x main stopped the clicking and allowed the TV to turn on, but unfortunately still no picture. What's next to look at please?

Comment

Replace ymain and y buffer boards?

Comment

This is the thread that won't die. I am new here and to TV repairs in general. I got a FP-T5084 from a friend. The tv is not working. The power on LED is red and the blue logo on the bottom lights up and the makes the little power on noise (three notes) but nothing else - no picture and no sound.

I checked all the fuses and capacitors and found a bad capacitor (on the Y board, I believe) that I replaced. There was no change in reaction.

Someone (not a very knowledgible someone) told me it was the main board. I ordered one from Ebay and it arrived tonight. It seems worse. Now it just clicks over and over and over without stopping. The sound of the three notes does NOT happen any more either. The LED is not on nor is the logo lit.

Is this board bad, both of them or is there another problem??? I truly have no idea what I am doing and really hate to toss this in the dump but I am not going to spend much more money on a potentially wasted wild goose chase. I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi again,

now I used an old nokia mobile charger to power up the standby line. With a good result. The relays are clicking. Now the bad part. There's a tiny board which tells me an error code. The led blinks 8 times what means TH_DET. What does it stand for?

regards

Comment

It's possible that without the other rails the standby supplies, it cannot work properly and will throw an error code.

Comment

I've connected the AC cord properly to the power supply and in addition to this the 5V charger to get the standby curcuit work.

I read something about the IC1803 on the Mainboard. I tried resetting this one, but this didn't help.

The error code comes up when I connect the mainboard to the power supply.

I'm really getting mad with this smps -.-

Comment

What I mean is the standby circuit can sometimes provide more than 5V, even though you might not normally see it. Sometimes it can provide power to other parts of the SMPS like the PFC and PWM ICs.

Comment

Hi!
                                      Everyone
                                      I used have the same problem, when I power up the tv it just click and blinking
                                      Light, until I remove the back cover and start checking for any bad
                                      Capacitor and nothing all since to be fine then start checking
                                      The fuse and I found a blow out fuse on the Y main board
                                      I replace the fuse now when I plug the tv and turn on now it click like 7 time and the flashing light still on
                                      Now I going to trying the troubleshooting
                                      I will keep you post it
                                      Thanks

Comment

hi i to have this set in my work shop BN44-00175A POWER SUPPLY this came in with for bad cap on the power supply so change them now i have no 5v + rail for the start up does the sl432a go sort ???

Comment

Working...
                                        X