Help with Compaq WF1907 White Screen Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Compaq WF1907 White Screen Issue

Hey all... I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this but all I can find from reported issues is the 2 Second to Block issue, however that's not the problem I'm having with this 19" monitor. What happens is whenever you turn it on, it doesn't go black at all... it goes completely white. You can't access any of the OSD menus or anything. I've plugged it into a couple of other computers and still the same issue. I've attempted to change out the VGA cord and still the same problem. The computer its connected to will act as if nothing is wrong with it at all. If the comptuer goes to sleep/screen saver times out the monitor will turn off. If you wake up the comptuer the monitor comes back on but completely white screen. Has anyone else had this issue with this monitor? Is there a way to reset it back to the factory defaults with a button press sequence or something? Any help would be extremely helpful. Would hate to have to throw it away when all that needs to be done is something simple. Thanks ahead of time!

Re: Help with Compaq WF1907 White Screen Issue

hello and welcome to the forum. First thing, you should look for an open fuse in the t-con board. Its a tiny smd fuse somewhere near the connector.

Comment

My biggest problem right now is trying to open the case without damaging it. There's no screws on the back of it and it's all snapped together... can't quite figure out how to open it without damaging the outer case. Any suggestions?

Comment

You need to use a butter knife or flat headed screwdriver to prise the tabs around the edge of the case.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I suugest you put your fingers under EITHER the top or bottom of the surround, gently pull outwards ,and you will find one of them will release enough to allow you to work around the monitor as tom66 advises.

Comment

Ok... got the plastic cover off the back and now I find that the circuit board is rivited behind some metal plates. Photos show what I mean...

How am I suppose to get to the motherboard without doing major damage here? BTW - The 4 screws around the outside edge only remove the plastic outer cover.

Comment

How do we look at that photo ??///use Go advanced and manage attachments please..

Comment

The prior pics should have been viewable but this time I attached them... hopefully this will explain. The first image shows the rivets pointed out with the bklue arrws and the 4 outer screws in red arrows. (Figured out the problem with the images... forgot to convert them from direct from camera)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lrdsatyr8; 09-24-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Oh my. It looks like they've completely sealed it as if to make it completely unserviceable...

Never seen that before.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

On your first photo, you have 4 orange arrows pointing at screws or rivets?

That cover looks like one whole unit that may be screwed onto the LCD panel itself. Check along the outer perimeter of the cover for screws.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                      On your first photo, you have 4 orange arrows pointing at screws or rivets?

That cover looks like one whole unit that may be screwed onto the LCD panel itself. Check along the outer perimeter of the cover for screws.
                      The 4 orange arrows point to 4 screws holding the front plastic cover on... none of them actually hold the metal casing together. I've never seen this before.

Comment

Some Tvs have screws behind the plastic surround, which could be worth looking at.

Comment

Well.. I finally got this puppy open and got to the circut boards. The first two pics are the power board and the second are the main board. I checked the fuse and now problems there. I also used my multimeter on the back of the power board near the fuse and found no problems there either with any of the smd's. Still trying to figure out what might be happening here. BTW - You were right about the screws on the side after removing the the ones that hold the plastic cover on... I find kinda dumb now! LOL
                          Attached Files

Comment

That should read "no problems there"

Comment

I hope those pics were good enough... I can't find any blown fuse or capacitor... any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Here are the voltage regulators on the main board.

Test according to:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...372#post266372
                                Attached Files

Comment

Now that you have it opened, there should be another board under a thin metal cover on the top of the monitor - this is the t-con board. On it, you will see a small SMD fuse near the connector, usually marked Fx or similar (where x is a number).

Can't find it yet???
                                  Let's use this pictures as a reference:
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...9&d=1348777759
                                  follow the thin ribbon cable at the bottom of the board, and this will lead you straight to the t-con board.

Comment

Ok... I did finally get to the T-Con board... and sure enough, there was a fuse (F1) that was blown. However, I attempted to jump it and now I don't get anything but a flashing power light.

Comment

That mean there is a bad short on the T-CON board and proably loading down the 5V power supply. You should disconnecting the ribbon cable to the T-CON then the monitor should turn back on with just white/gray glowing screen, and hopefully it did not damaged the switched transistor on the main baord that supplies the power to the T-CON fuse that is bypassed.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Lrdsatyr8 View Post
                                        Ok... I did finally get to the T-Con board... and sure enough, there was a fuse (F1) that was blown. However, I attempted to jump it and now I don't get anything but a flashing power light.

That's a fine way to blow something else too.

Folks, I will repeat this so that hopefully other people reading the forums won't be doing this mistake anymore:

IF A FUSE ON YOUR T-CON IS BLOWN, DO NOT JUMPER, BYPASS, OR SOLDER ACROSS IT WITH WIRE OR HIGHER RATED FUSE!

@ Lrdsatyr8: most likely you have a shorted ceramic cap on the main boosted voltage rail. Post some pictures of the t-con so we can start troubleshooting it.
                                        ... and remove that jump across the fuse, please.
                                        Last edited by momaka; 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X