Sony vaio laptop shuts down and restarts by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony vaio laptop shuts down and restarts by itself

Hi Guys; My Sony Vaio laptop keeps shutting off by it self and restart again every 5 minutes or so,i did recovery and during installing disc 2 it does same thing it goes off with a blue screen with some error,but can't reed cause it stays blue for a second, not enough time for me to reed the error. any help would be apreciated.

Re: Sony vaio laptop shuts down and restarts by itself

Probably a driver issue, do a reinstall if windows and that should d the trick...
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

go to system properties, advanced tab, then click the settings button for startup and recovery. uncheck the 'automatically reboot' box....that will stop it from rebooting after the BSoD, you can then read the error.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

what kind of surface is laptop on! smoker?> pets? might just need a little tlc! when on is fan revved right up an kicken hard?

Comment

bad ram can cause this kind of thing too
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Thanks guys.I Findley went through with all recovery cd#2 and installed all updates sp1,sp2 updates,installed the free malwarebytes free,although the malwarebytes scaning tool says that it cleaned 100 errors and there are 400 to clean but i need first pay,so far is standing its ground ,meaning it's not shutting off anymore for a few hours now, cross my fingers,
            thanks anyway.

Comment

It's me again it started doing samething,i did recovery but it wont pass the regional languages and shuts down and restart but don't let me intall the #2 recovery with utilities,i got stuck.

Comment

would still check fan for dust bunnies(clean it if needed) an redo thermal paste on cpu!

Comment

Originally posted by t.j. View Post
                  would still check fan for dust bunnies(clean it if needed) an redo thermal paste on cpu!
                  Thanks Bro; i was able to do the Disc#2 recovery after i left the lapto unpluged over night and reenstalled sp2 but after that it started doing same thing and this what i see in the blue screen,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen'
                  restart you computer. If this sreen apears again, followthis steps:

Check to make sure any new Hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation,ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disble or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memrie options such as caching or shadowiong. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options,and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000077B,0x00000001,0xF741CF0F)

*** NDIS.SYS-Address F741CF0F base at F7404000, DateStamp 41107ec3

Beginning dump of phisical memory
                  phisical memory dump complete.
                  contact your system admnistrator o technical support group for further assistance

as you see i'm very acknowelege on software but i'm presistent and with your help i might achive success on this mater,

also i tried to opened the back to rich the fan, took out all screws but still don't open maybe need to take some screw by taking the keyboard out?i would apreciate any assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                    although the malwarebytes scaning tool says that it cleaned 100 errors and there are 400 to clean but i need first pay

Comment

Moved to Laptop troubleshooting.
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

watch youtube vid on vaio disassemble! will show ya all the screw that need to be taken out an yes need to get at ones under keyboard! when ya look at where the fan blows out an then the other vents in comp! do they look dusty?

Comment

What you guys think of this bellow massage shown on the blue screen ?
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen'
                          restart you computer. If this sreen apears again, followthis steps:

Check to make sure any new Hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation,ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disble or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memrie options such as caching or shadowiong. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options,and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000077B,0x00000001,0xF741CF0F)

*** NDIS.SYS-Address F741CF0F base at F7404000, DateStamp 41107ec3

Beginning dump of phisical memory
                          phisical memory dump complete.
                          contact your system admnistrator o technical support group for further assistance

as you see i'm very acknowelege on software but i'm presistent and with your help i might achive success on this mater,
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

01d error is caused by software! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818326
                            says update service packs!

Comment

possible ram or hdd
                              also can you check your fan if its turning or if it is full of dust,
                              have you tried cleaning it,it may also the cause of auto shutdown of your sony

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                                Probably a driver conflict with some of the software you are using, but also can be caused by bad stick of ram or bad sectors on your HDD.
                                Here's what you need to do
                                1. Check your lpatop's temperatures using SIW or Everest Ultimate
                                2. Check your ram by using memtest
                                3. Check your HDD by using HD Tune Pro (trial)

Also tell us what software you are installing after windows reload.

Post back here with results
                                Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

Working...
                                X