Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blinking power light fix for DVP642 DVD Player

Hi SellDoor,
    Also can you please let me know any reason why the Vibratto Chip ( ES6698FD) is over heating quickly on other circuit board.
    Is this how it work on normal DVP642?
    Also there is some green marking on top of C805 100uf 10V but no bulging.
    What are these markings for?

Comment

I know nothing about this player the chip may normally run hot - is there space to add a heatsink? Check out a datasheet for it - may give an indication of running temperature. If the caps are not doing their job correctly the voltage regulators may have a problem keeping the voltage steady with the knock on effect of overheating the chip with overvoltage which might be picked up as an error causing the shut down.

Without pictures it is difficult to comment - could the board have been worked on before?
      I believe they do some checking when boards are assembled and it may just be a mark to show a voltage check has been carried out at that cap.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Found schematic here

It plays for just a minute and then goes to standby and suddenly the 5 volt decreases to 2-3 V and 12 V decreases to 8V in standby.

I am desperate. This is second electronic Item which gone bad in a matter of few months be cause of Capacitors issues, first one being 2043NWX monitor .
        But neither of these are working even after I replace the CAPS.
        Attached Files

Comment

Now its not turning on atll, just Blinking LED.

12v and 5 v pins oscillates between 5-3 and 2.5-1.5 respectively.

Already replaced C316 with 1000uf 16v

Comment

The C316 cap fixed worked for me. I pulled the 1000uF/10V "TBOR" brand cap, and measured it at 110uF instead of 1000uF (which shows how bad it can get before it actually fails). I replaced it with a 920uF/12V cap out of my random capacitor stash (which measured at 1020uF, good enough) and the player is working OK so far.

What's funny about this is that one of the first switchers I ever fixed was in one of the early Sun Microsystems "pizza box" workstations, back in 1990 or so. I posted a description of the diagnosis and repair on usenet, possibly the first on the internet, before there was a world wide web. I got email questions about that post for almost 20 years, from PC power supplies through laptops and consumer goods. It is way cool that there are forums like this, where we are all helping each other now.

Thanks for the suggestion, it let me know that the fix was simple enough to do in 30 minutes (mostly opening and closing the case).
            Last edited by keithl; 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X