Vizio V042L, No picture, Has sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio V042L, No picture, Has sound

I am new to the forum, I mostly read the posts and have repaired a Samsung 32” LCD with the information from this forum. (Bad Power supply)

My 42” Visio picture went out, but I still have sound. I tested the power supply and have all the correct voltage's 5V, 12V, 24V,

When I turn the TV on the Visio light turns to white and I have sound. The master inverter led lights up for a few seconds then goes out. I started checking the mosfets on the inverters and the master inverter checked out fine. But when I started checking the mosfets on the slave inverter the TV came on with a flickering screen. Would it be safe to say the slave inverter is my problem?

If needed I will post pictures of the inverters

Would appreciate any help you can provide

Orin

Re: Vizio V042L, No picture, Has sound

Originally posted by orin View Post
    I am new to the forum, I mostly read the posts and have repaired a Samsung 32” LCD with the information from this forum. (Bad Power supply)

My 42” Visio picture went out, but I still have sound. I tested the power supply and have all the correct voltage's 5V, 12V, 24V,

When I turn the TV on the Visio light turns to white and I have sound. The master inverter led lights up for a few seconds then goes out. I started checking the mosfets on the inverters and the master inverter checked out fine. But when I started checking the mosfets on the slave inverter the TV came on with a flickering screen. Would it be safe to say the slave inverter is my problem?

If needed I will post pictures of the inverters

Would appreciate any help you can provide

Orin
    It's hard to tell without pictures, but that could be one of the inverter sets by LG that are causing problems.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

PlainBill

Thank you for your reply

I have posted two pictures of the inverters

The TV is still coming on but it's very faded on the left side of the screen (Slave inverter side)

And the right side (Master inverter) is flickering but has good picture.

I am leaving the TV on to see if it loses the picture when it's good and warm.

Orin
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by orin View Post
        PlainBill

Thank you for your reply

I have posted two pictures of the inverters

The TV is still coming on but it's very faded on the left side of the screen (Slave inverter side)

And the right side (Master inverter) is flickering but has good picture.

I am leaving the TV on to see if it loses the picture when it's good and warm.

Orin
        Bingo!!! That's the culprit. If you look at the 32 pin IC on the slave, something doesn't look too healthy in the area of pin 26.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

PlainBill,

I ordered the Master and Slave inverters and I am back up and running

Thank you

I very much appreciate all the help you have gave me

Orin

Comment

Orin, could you post a link to the replacement parts (you replaced both boards right)?

I think I have the same problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, one of my campus buildings had there lobby Visio FO42 TV go bad. So, quick search and I found thuis thread. Quick look at my boards I had the exact same IC blow but on my Master inverter board. I also had a blown cap. The campus was ready trash the TV and to drop $1500 for a new one. I found a set of new Inverters for $100. I let you know if it works out but all indications point to the obvious. Thanks for this forum!!

Comment

Nice job!!!

An even cheaper fix is to replace the caps and that blown IC Chip for about $10... that is if you can do the repair or you know someone who can do the repair. Either way, you're saving a lot on a 42 inch TV!!!
                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Working...
                X