Olevia Syntax LT 30 HV no picture or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olevia Syntax LT 30 HV no picture or sound

I have just acquired an Olevia Syntax 3LT 30 HV lcd tv.

Until recently it was working fine, then all of a sudden, nothing. I am not sure what may have happened for it not to work - being moved etc. I only acquired it after it failed.

During initial tests, I have power on the blue led on the front panel but nothing else. No picture and no sound. When I turn it off, the screen goes a light blue very briefly before shutdown. To me, this suggests that there is power of some sort to the screen.

I have tried to change the source using the button on the front with no effect.
    I have tried connecting both through the Verizon set top box
    and connected directly to the wall bypassing the STB.
    Neither option gives me an inkling of picture or sound.

Connection was via rg6 coax. I have not tried the av connections, although this is how it was set up prior to my acquiring it and it was what was used when it failed.

I stripped the back off to check for loose connection etc. All ok.

I would appreciate any advice on
    preliminary tests that I can perform, possible causes and resolutions. I don't want to spend money on power packs, video boards etc until I have tried all test options and am sure I am buying the right part.

I am from the old school where we try to fix things that are broken, if at all possible. I also like to dabble and try to learn. Trying to repair something is a good way of learning especially if I can share the experience with like minded people.

I look forward to any and all positive advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Olevia Syntax LT 30 HV no picture or sound

I too have all the symptoms as described by Lucianp, but my model is Olevia 540 b11.
    I have looked at the power supply board and visually checked all capacitors and non are bulging nor corroded.
    So please if any of you kind members have any ideas please let me .

Promon.

Comment

Originally posted by Promon View Post
      I too have all the symptoms as described by Lucianp, but my model is Olevia 540 b11.
      I have looked at the power supply board and visually checked all capacitors and non are bulging nor corroded.
      So please if any of you kind members have any ideas please let me .

Promon.
      Wouldn't it be neat if we could fix things by looking inside, finding the on switch and flipping it?
      Attached Files

Comment

Promon, If you dont mind, start your own thread titled Olevia 540 b11. This will separate the problems. There, you can post pictures of your boards and people will assist you there.

As for the orignal poster, insert clear pictures of the boards inside and we will go from there. Use "Manage Attatchments" on the posting page to do this. No inline pictures.
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Working...
        X