Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STK795-811A vs YPPD-J014C?

Hi all.
    I'm about to replace the Y-SUS hybrid in a LG PDP42V7 and the original is fitted a YPPD-J014C. I read that the STK795-811A is eqvivalent aswell.
    Is there any major quality differences between the parts?
    Is the STK better than YPPD and may it cause some problem to substitute the YPPD with a STK?

Re: STK795-811A vs YPPD-J014C?

On the ones I replaced I chose the stk over the yppd. I had the red speckles a few other people have talked about. The picture was still good, but I think there were other problems with the y drive I couldn`t find ( It was my first L/G (vizio) Make sure to check the power supply feeding the IC. The old IC would run about 145 degrees. I would check all the caps in the area around the IC.
    These had bad caps on the 15 to 18v supply feeding the yppd.

Comment

Something tells me to stick to the original device.
      God knows what may differ between the STK and YPPD and eventually result in sparks or similair.
      Thanks for the info the check surrounding capacitors close to the hybrid.

Comment

I know, old thread.

I have a blown YPPD-J014C as well, didn't check any caps yet. When replaceing this hybrid is there anything else I should worry about apart from electrolytic caps?

Other power semiconductors on the board seem to be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by paulstef View Post
          I know, old thread.

I have a blown YPPD-J014C as well, didn't check any caps yet. When replaceing this hybrid is there anything else I should worry about apart from electrolytic caps?

Other power semiconductors on the board seem to be ok.
          Replacing only the YPPD-J014C works just fine. No other components were damaged...

Comment

Working...
          X