Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 226bw dead. No power

Originally posted by sixstringartist View Post
    No blue light, no backlights, no display.
    No blue light points to the main/logic board as being suspect. The voltage regulators on the main/logic board are all within spec.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Just a quick update. After reconnecting the button board the LED started lighting up again.

So I slapped it back together and sure enough it seems to be working fine.

No idea what happened here but I'll take credit for it and drink a beer

Thanks for the help (mostly indirectly by helping other people). In the end Ive gained a much better understanding of SMPS design from this experience. Great site, Im sure I'll be back.

Comment

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem with my Samsung 226BM.
        The display stopped working, the power led would not turn on.
        I opened the monitor, and surely enough, the 6 big caps were blown (5x 820µf, 1x 330uF).

I replaced them with new panasonic caps but that doesn't seen to have fixed the problem...
        I didn't replace the small caps but they are fine (I checked them with an ESR meter).

Here are the measurement I took.

PSU board.
        CN2
        1. B-DIM: 4.99v
        2. GND: 0.00v
        3. GND: 0.00v
        4. GND: 0.00v
        5. 13.5V: 15.69v
        6. 13.5V: 15.69v
        7. 13.5V: 15.69v
        8. A-DIM: 4.67v
        9. ON/OFF: 0.00v

Logic board.
        IC602.
        1. 0.00v
        2. 1.80v
        3. 3.75v

IC204
        1. 5.19v
        2. 0.00v
        3. 5.19v

IC601
        1. 0.00v
        2. 3.29v
        3. 5.19v

IC702
        1. 15.68v
        2. 5.19v
        3. 0.00v
        4. 5.19v
        5. 0.00v

CN200
        1. 0.00v
        2. 1.82v (Goes to 0.00v when the power switch is pressed)
        3. 1.82v
        4. 0.28v

Any help would be very welcome.
        Thanks in advance

Cédric

Comment

Comment

Take a good look at the solder joints on the bottom of both boards.

My 226BW died in december with no blue power LED at all and I just got around to taking it apart today to figure out which caps I needed to replace--turned out that all the caps looked fine. No bulging and no leaking. However, some of the solder joints looked like my first attempts at soldering as a 12-year-old and were definitely no longer making any sort of connection to the board.

I just fixed up the 4-5 bad solder jobs and everything is working fine again.

Sounds like you definitely had bad caps but maybe you also had some bad solder joints somewhere else you weren't looking that need a touch-up like mine?

Comment

Working...
            X