HP PL4260N ysus or zsus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP PL4260N ysus or zsus

Hello, this is my first time on this forum, and I've read a lot of information but can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for. I have a HP PL4260N plasma tv and I have the no picture but the sound works fine. I found that one of the fuses (the top one of the two) on the zsus board (the board on the right) is blown. I read everywhere that people replace the ysus board and it fixes the problem. Is there any test I can do to see which board is the faulty board, or is it the zsus because that's where the fuse is blown?

Also i noticed what appears to be burnt or something on the tuner board and was wondering if there is anyway to test if that's bad or if that's from something during the manufacturing process. I included a picture of the tuner board, there are two spots, you can't miss them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    I apologize for the blurry pics, I couldn't get my camera to focus that well.
    Attached Files

Re: HP PL4260N ysus or zsus

Originally posted by dropped95_s View Post
    Hello, this is my first time on this forum, and I've read a lot of information but can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for. I have a HP PL4260N plasma tv and I have the no picture but the sound works fine. I found that one of the fuses (the top one of the two) on the zsus board (the board on the right) is blown. I read everywhere that people replace the ysus board and it fixes the problem. Is there any test I can do to see which board is the faulty board, or is it the zsus because that's where the fuse is blown?

Also i noticed what appears to be burnt or something on the tuner board and was wondering if there is anyway to test if that's bad or if that's from something during the manufacturing process. I included a picture of the tuner board, there are two spots, you can't miss them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    I apologize for the blurry pics, I couldn't get my camera to focus that well.
    Follow the links in my signature for information on taking good quality pictures.

It's hard to tell because of the 'less than perfect' picture, but it appears you have an LG 42X3 panel in that TV. There is a white label at about the 4 o'clock point on the Z-sus. Is the first line of that label fit the pattern 6871QZHx56y where x is either 0 or 9, and z is A, B, or C? (For example 6871QZH056B fits the pattern).

If that's the case, you have a dead Z-Sus. You have several options.

The usual problem is a shorted hybrid. Replacement hybrids are available for $40. You can order a NOS (New Old Stock) Z-sus for about $60, or repair/ rebuild service for about the same. One warning on the NOS boards - there has been speculation that the cause of the failure was the thermal compound between the hybrid and the heat sink drying out, resulting in the hybrid overheating.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks. I looked and the number is 6871QZH956B. Therefore i should replace the zsus correct? I attached three more pics of the tuner board. Is this something to worry about, or a way to test these parts, or is it fine? To me it looks bad, but I dont really know what I'm looking at. Everything else looks clean and new except those two areas. Thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is flux and or glue, its been there since the manufacturing process.
        Change Z sus and cross your fingers turn it on, if it comes up let it run for a minute then
        turn it off. Check see if its hot. If its not you should be good to go If it is hot change the buffer board(s) good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X