X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

hi ,
    motherboard M960 rev1.1 mbx223
    doesn't start , no led , no power , no charge.

I check on power button 3v are no present
    19v is present on PF1 and PL1.
    19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v (i change PQ2 it's the same)

i check SN608098:
    no voltage on pin 3 and 6

i check BQ24753A:
    PVCC have 19v

Can you tell me where i have to check
    i don't have schématic
    thank you
    JOVY RE7500

Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

I had the same problem and I was able to fix it by grounding pin 4 (In your picture it is the top left pin) directly. Initially I measured 19.4V at that pin but the IC does not function unless it is grounded and the other three pins are at 19.4V. Hope that helps solve your problem.

Comment

Have a similar problem with another Sony ,how do you ground that pin?

Comment

Originally posted by lat123 View Post
        I had the same problem and I was able to fix it by grounding pin 4 (In your picture it is the top left pin) directly. Initially I measured 19.4V at that pin but the IC does not function unless it is grounded and the other three pins are at 19.4V. Hope that helps solve your problem.

can you describe pin 4 in more detail. Are you talking about the first ground wire (according to the pic) from the power jack. I interested in this repair because I have a MBX223 motherboard no longer showing any signs of life after three months of usage. I change the power jack and the power board, but still nothing. I've attempted to try your grounding method, but i was unsuccessful at it as i'm not sure if i'm grounding the correct pin. What is pin 4?

Comment

Originally posted by sebuncle View Post
          hi ,
          motherboard M960 rev1.1 mbx223
          doesn't start , no led , no power , no charge.

I check on power button 3v are no present
          19v is present on PF1 and PL1.
          19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v (i change PQ2 it's the same)

Can you tell me where i have to check
          i don't have schématic
          thank you
          Measure PU3 PIN5 ACDET.

This detect if AC Power is inserted.

Measure PU3 PIN4 ACDRV# should be LOW.
          Last edited by Tuomo; 05-19-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomo View Post
            Measure PU3 PIN5 ACDET.

This detect if AC Power is inserted.

Measure PU3 PIN4 ACDRV# should be LOW.
            I found the problem. The PU3 (BQ24753ARHDR) (NS982402) is not functioning at all because i'm not getting a reading. I checked pin 5 (ACDET) and Pin4 (ACDRV) nothing. I have 19.4v from PF1 and PL1. I assuming the PU3 is dead should I replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by shoesforsale209 View Post
              I found the problem. The PU3 (BQ24753ARHDR) (NS982402) is not functioning at all because i'm not getting a reading. I checked pin 5 (ACDET) and Pin4 (ACDRV) nothing. I have 19.4v from PF1 and PL1. I assuming the PU3 is dead should I replace it?
              Not yet, first check PR13 and PR14.

Then measure PQ1 voltages.

Comment

i have the same motherboard but with slightly different problem.. it starts but it doesn't give the vga voltage

Comment

Hi, i have similar sony mbx223...will like to know if any have the solution or can help...19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v. PQ2 was changed but still.

Comment

i have the exact same issue on my mbx-224. On PQ1 im getting approx. 19v on all 8 pins and on PQ2 i get same voltage on pins 1-4. PR13 and PR14 tested ok, i have their right values but PR14 i get 19v on one en and 0.5v on the other end, which is why i get 0.5v on pin 5(ACDET) on PU3. Ping 4(ACDRV#) i get 18.7v.

Any help, clues or ideas would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
                      i have the exact same issue on my mbx-224. On PQ1 im getting approx. 19v on all 8 pins and on PQ2 i get same voltage on pins 1-4. PR13 and PR14 tested ok, i have their right values but PR14 i get 19v on one en and 0.5v on the other end, which is why i get 0.5v on pin 5(ACDET) on PU3. Ping 4(ACDRV#) i get 18.7v.
                      When i remove PU3 i get 2.7v on pin 5, still nothing on PQ2 draining pins.

Any help, clues or ideas would be appreciated.
                      thankx

Comment

I had the same Problem but with MBX-224 but its the same structure check the PQ1,PQ2, and the most important the are the Capacitators PC168 and PC169.

I have upload a picture witch you can find the parts.

The failure is NO LEDS NO START NOTHING!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tata123 View Post
                          I had the same Problem but with MBX-224 but its the same structure check the PQ1,PQ2, and the most important the are the Capacitators PC168 and PC169.

I have upload a picture witch you can find the parts.

The failure is NO LEDS NO START NOTHING!!
                          Thanks for the input buddy! but those 2 caps are ok,but i found that something is shorted to ground in the line of PL18(+1_05V_VTT), i removed all PC206,PC208 and PC212 but still same thing, even with PU16 removed i still have the short. Also PQ2 and PQ1 seem to be ok, except that im able to switch them on/off while in circuit...is that normal??

Comment

unsolder the PQ CHIPS AO4433 and check it up!!

Dont unsolder the BQ QFN CHIPS if there is higher voltage...

Comment

Try bios reset. Remove rtc battery and short 2 pins. Or there are bad short ceramic capasitor in out tranzistor 19v.

Comment

Thanks Maestro_Lpc .. Tried that but no luck. all caps around pq2 are giving the right values when removed from the board. Can you think of anything else i can try?

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
                                  Thanks Maestro_Lpc .. Tried that but no luck. all caps around pq2 are giving the right values when removed from the board. Can you think of anything else i can try?
                                  How this story ended? I have the same issue and I would like to know.

Comment

aimiliano , flash bios ,should solve your problem

Comment

Hi,
                                      Same board mbx223,board starts and off. Again on by itself. Cycle. On and off., actually it's accident case. Lan coil L70.and Web cam connter pulled off when slipped from hand. Screen part also came of.

Comment

Just jumper pin1 to pin5 of pq2 and power the mb. if you get 3.3v on battery connectors probably it will work. Wont charge battery though. Very common fault with mbx223/224 mb.

you should make jumper with very thin cable so that it should blow off if there is some short in the mb. If it blows off then look for 19v line. there must be short. usually capacitor goes short near cpu socket where 4-5 mosfets are located.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                                        X