Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapped Video Card, Now Comp Won't Boot

Hey guys,

I just recapped my video card (GeForce 7100). Only two of the caps were blown, but after reading advice on your forums, I just recapped the whole thing. I feel like I did a pretty good job with them, and it went a lot smoother than I had expected.

When I put it back in and started it up, I got a "Disk Read Error". I took it back out, made sure that seated firmly, then started up the computer again. The next time, and every time after that, it stops at "Boot from CD" and I'm unable to access any menus before this happens. My mobo is a Mach Speed MS945G-GLV, if that helps anything.

Do I just need to go ahead and commit myself to buying a new card, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Re: Recapped Video Card, Now Comp Won't Boot

Check for caps in backwards.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

i dont think that has anything to do with the card. reset the bios and make sure that you havent bumber out the hdd cables.

Comment

GREAT!!

Thanks so much for the quick responses.

I reset my BIOS (using the "pop the battery out and back in" technique) and I'll admit that it was iffy for a while. After a few more "floppy disk fail"s and "disk boot failures" later along even more restarts, my video card is back in business!!

Thank you so much guys! After this, I feel more confident in tackling other electronics projects!

Comment

Working...
        X