Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

arent these worth up to 150? Do you think I could get 100 for it?

Comment

I don't think you'd get as much as that for it.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have the same tv. It just went out right after the 1 year manufacture warranty. I opened up the back panel and didn't see any thing burned out or became loose,but still wiggle a few spots here and there. Then the TV came back to live. I let stay on for about 2hours, it went out again. I am assuming its the FFC problem that posted by braveally. I'm going open it up again and check the LED cables very carefully. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a replacement LED strip for this TV. I had the same issues and repaired it to a certain extent but manages to break off the cable locking tab in the process. I can't find any LED strips online. Maybe someone has some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcat25 View Post
            Does anyone know where to get a replacement LED strip for this TV. I had the same issues and repaired it to a certain extent but manages to break off the cable locking tab in the process. I can't find any LED strips online. Maybe someone has some insight.
            PM me. I have some LED strips removed from another TV. I was going to use them in a project but if they are what you need we can certainly work something out.

DK

Comment

This is the best info ever. I took the panel off and removed the LED strip. Unraveled the ribbon wire and put tape between the ribbon and the metal on the LED strip. The ribbon wire has cut through and shorted out on the LED strips. I would suggest you do this to both while you have it apart. Works great now. You guys are the best!!!!!!!!! I wish I could tell everyone that has this problem....

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1102wt_1120

LED went out on me today, currently only have full brightness on one side of the screen after removing the bad cable. Contacted the ebay seller and he was nice enough to create a new ebay posting. There are 9 more cables available that should solve the problem.

Tv was never dropped or handled roughly so it must be due to bad parts, the cable was frayed and resting directly on a sharp aluminum edge. Hopefully I'll be able to pull the cable around the back instead of attempting to lift up the lcd display itself.

Apparently this happens a lot to this model and I don't think I'll be purchasing another westinghouse anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mnilsen View Post
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1102wt_1120

LED went out on me today, currently only have full brightness on one side of the screen after removing the bad cable. Contacted the ebay seller and he was nice enough to create a new ebay posting. There are 9 more cables available that should solve the problem.

Tv was never dropped or handled roughly so it must be due to bad parts, the cable was frayed and resting directly on a sharp aluminum edge. Hopefully I'll be able to pull the cable around the back instead of attempting to lift up the lcd display itself.

Apparently this happens a lot to this model and I don't think I'll be purchasing another westinghouse anytime soon.
                  Protect the new cable with some thick electrical tape, or something similar, to prevent this from possibly happening again...
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

do you have any of the light bars

Comment

I had the EXACT same problem with my TV. Electrical tape around the ribbon fixed it. "Thank you" to everyone who posted on this tread.

Comment

Excellent! I had someone bring me this TV, DOA. Found a burned up MOSFET "Q27" on the main board. Upon replacement you can hear the power supply cycle on and off, with the right side LED ribbon disconnected it would power up. Half screen dim of course. Did a search, found this thread, put some tape on the frame of the LED strip where the ribbon cable rubs and TV is now fully functional! Thanks guys!!

Not 100% sure if this is what caused the MOSFET to fail in the first place, or having the TV apart and moving it caused the ribbon cable to wear and short out. Regardless, it's working. When I received the TV the red light would light, but nothing else. After Q27 replacement it wouldn't do anything, but cycle the power supply, unless the right LED ribbon was unplugged.
                        Attached Files

Comment

yes shorted cable causes q27 to get hot and burn up eventualy

Comment

Thank you to all that contributed to this thread. Was about to buy a replacement board because i could not power on my tv but came across this thread. Disconnected the left ribbon cable and it powered on. I took the entire tv apart and put electrical tape around both cables and the power came on with both LED strips on.

Unfortunately, after I completely reassembled the tv only the left side LED strip is turning on now. I'm not sure if I accidentally disconnected the ribbon during reassembly or what but I am thinking I have to completely tear it down again.

Comment

It's very delicate and the ribbon may be damaged.

Comment

Took it apart again and the little extra bulk from the electric tape caused the ribbon cable to be pulled out when putting the black plastic covering over the LED lamps. I cut out a portion of the black plastic covering where the cable connected and this fixed my problem. Tv working perfectly again! Thank you all again!

Comment

I have just picked up one of these for $40 and I have fixed it already.
                                  Thank you for pointing out where the problem is.
                                  I think that I may have found the real problem. The two ribbon cables at the LED strips wrap around the LED's aluminum strip and the ribbons short out right there.
                                  I have applied some tape under the ribbon cables and the TV runs perfectly.
                                  Remove only the bottom black plastic from under the panel, no need to take the whole screen apart. The metal clamps have to be removed also, because the panel has to be lifted a bit to remove that black plastic piece.
                                  Nice easy fix, using a bit of tape

Comment

Darn, why do they keep making badly designed products like this TV?
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Because they break down and people have to buy a new one?
                                      The main reason is the brand "Westinghouse" is just a name that buys in cheap TVs made in China, that company behind the name will ditch the brand when customers lose all respect for it and go onto the next until that one is worthless, they repeat this for great success causing so many TVs to end up in landfill.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Maybe they are thinking about us too.
                                        When I flipped the ribbon over, I have noticed the two side traces had black spots on them.
                                        Most likely the insulation got cut through by the sharp aluminum strip.
                                        I don't understand why they had to wrap the whole LED assembly with the ribbon cable?
                                        I have never picked up Westinghouse, I try to deal with good brands, but I will have to look for these, because they are very new TVs and it's a very simple fix.

Comment

Yes, perhaps I should not complain about the amount of waste due to faulty electronics, after all, it lets me get cheap stuff and fix it.

But I should complain! Maybe it won't affect me so much but what about my children? And their children? The future will be screwed if we don't act responsibly now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X