Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-X58-USB3 Capacitor Help

Hi guys,

I am a new member, but have been lurking for a bit. I have a motherboard that has a missing cap, and I need to know what to buy. The problem is that I cant decipher the capacitor values. The cap I need is the same as other ones in the area, yes, I have confirmed this. It is labeled "E07E" then "560" then 6.3v. Anyone know what to make of it?

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: GA-X58-USB3 Capacitor Help

It's a 560uF , 6.3v capacitor. The E07E doesn't tell anything, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and it's a code .. sometimes it's manufacturing date (week and year).

Here's a picture of the board, point out the one missing on the board:

http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/mother...2245_draft.jpg

Anyway, these will work (90% sure) :

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...227-ND/1826691
    http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...0-1-ND/2347908

Comment

Wow, surprising response time.

Here is the missing cap.

Comment

Knowing Gigabyte, it's probably Chemi-con PSE series. use http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...255-ND/1948052 to replace it.

EDIT: I can confirm from another board that the cap in that position is indeed a PSE, like the one in that link.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I am impressed with this forum, lost of active people!! If you guys wanted to double check that 560uF cap, that would be awesome. I really dont care what it looks like, but if that Chemi-con PSE is the same cap used, then I would definitely use that one.

+1 to both of you who responded.

Comment

I did. I had a similar board right next to me. The cap in that corner was a 560uF Chemi-Con PSE, which is exactly what I linked to, so it should work fine.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

@ mariushm
              Sorry for the necro, but wanted to thank you for posting exactly what the cap is. I have been searching for almost two months trying to find out exactly what it's specs were with no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by doyll View Post
                @ mariushm
                Sorry for the necro, but wanted to thank you for posting exactly what the cap is. I have been searching for almost two months trying to find out exactly what it's specs were with no joy.
                Hi! The same problem! Repaired motherboard successfully? What capacitor used? Everything works fine? Please answer

Comment

Repaired IT? please reply

Comment

Working...
                  X