Samsung Plasma FP-T6084 LJ41-04812A Y-Main Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma FP-T6084 LJ41-04812A Y-Main Board

Hello everyone my friend just brought this TV to me after he tried to fix it. I asked him please don’t work on it bring it to me. I have fixed 11 TV’s in the past and they are still working till this day (bad caps). I am left only to LOL at this y-main board that he monkey F______d never in my life have I seen this much damage. He had an old solder iron that burnt the solder tabs off trying to replace the 25v 680mf cap; he then took a small drill bit to remove the solder from the holes on the board. I told him that he would need to find the traces on the board to solder a jumper wire to fix this issue he then scrapped the board to death man oh man. I am left to fix this thing and I can’t see where the traces are to jump and fix this board, or is it even worth trying to fix. I really need some help with is. Thanks in advanced
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Plasma FP-T6084 LJ41-04812A Y-Main Board

Should I just tell him to buy a new board or is there someone here that can tell me where the positive and negative traces are. I really need some help here thanks.

Comment

The two light green copper areas either side are the terminals, as for positive and negative, the positive is indicated with a plus sign on one side and negative is the opposite to that.

Picture of the part:
      http://www.interliquidparts.com/wp-c...2-01459A-2.jpg

Which has a bad cap on it... lol... anyway you can see the positive and negative on that.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello and thanks for your response. I know what is positive and negative on the top of the board its the bottom that i am worried about, both solder pads are gone and i don't know where to ad a jumper wires to fix that. Are you saying on the bottom of the board where the tabs are missing the dark green is + and light green is -. The first pic is the bottom of the board with no solder pads the second one is the same one that you have listed in your pic. Thanks for your help
        Last edited by bullmastiff135; 03-31-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

No need to do the bottom side, it is a 2 layer board and only the top is connected.

You can see the light green copper areas. The green is actually a protective ink layer (soldermask) protecting the copper underneath.

Take a screwdriver and scrape off the soldermask on either side of the capacitor. This will expose the orange copper. Then you can solder the cap across these two pads. May want to add a little bit of glue to secure it as it is now "surface mounted" instead of "through hole".
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks for your help tom66 I will try this tonight. I will post what the out come was. And thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X