Samsung UN55JU6700F No picture, no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55JU6700F No picture, no sound

I'm not super knowledgeable of tv's but I think I have enough knowledge to get me through this repair (if possible) - let's hope

I have a Samsung UN55JU6700F that has no picture or sound. When plugged in it is clear that power is supplied (screen glows, optical audio light on, and power light indicator responds to remote control). It appears that the backlight powers up as well (see second set of pics)

I tried to use a flashlight but could not see anything on screen. I am using the S4 for the remote since I do not have a remote so it may make things difficult.

When I turn it on, there is an intermittent, seemingly random clicking noise. Sorry for the reference, but it sounds like "kek."

I opened the back and didn't see any issues with capacitors. I did notice a little bit of dried liquid but it didn't seem to have made contact with anything but one connector (I'll attach a picture from my phone in just a few because I don't know what these are called). http://imgur.com/qFUNv3Y

Edit: I figured out that if I pressed the volume (up or down) the clicking (kek) noise occurs with each click and is coming from the area where the liquid spots were.

Here are pics of backlight with main board connected and disconnected
    Power board connected http://imgur.com/0xn55ZV
    Power board disconnected http://imgur.com/B4Bu3WX

Any and all help/info is appreciated

Re: Samsung UN55JU6700F No picture, no sound

The images are very dark. Could you upload pics via the upload system for badcaps?

Comment

First two pics are the backlight

Pic 1 main board connected to power board

Pic2 main board disconnected from power board

Pic 3 is with the panel off

Pic4 is where i noticed liquid marks
      Attached Files

Comment

I would be taking a close look at that ribbon cable for damage especially at the panel end of cable for corrosion and bad traces
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I was able to wipe all of that dried liquid off the ribbon cable and didn't see any damage. The ribbon connects in under the front frame, not sure how to access that.

Edit: I had also disconnected the tcon board from the main board and the dimmed (or absent) backlight issue remained. Only disconnecting main board from power did the back light pop back on.
          Last edited by pogosa; 06-20-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Looks like you have backlights. Try disconnecting one ribbon cable to panel at a time and see what you get on screen.

Comment

Yes backlights but no audio so if the sound isn't turned down or muted and the audio voltage is there then you are looking at a main board problem, Inputs or Eeprom ?

Comment

I pulled the tcon board and noticed discoloration in the back side.
                Attached Files

Comment

That corrosion looks like you have a bad panel. Disconnecting half the screen unfortunately won't work on these newer models.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
                    Disconnecting half the screen unfortunately won't work on these newer models.
                    Why is that? Not challenging just asking

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                      Why is that? Not challenging just asking
                      A lot of new TVs don't show an image on the side you unplug. Sometimes they only display lines on the side you unplug etc.

Had an LG recently where you unplugged the left side and right side showed a prefect image! And vice versa

Comment

That last post doesn't read quite right but you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's Tvs View Post
                          That corrosion looks like you have a bad panel. Disconnecting half the screen unfortunately won't work on these newer models.
                          Which corrosion, the stuff on the back or the Tcon board itself?

Comment

I did not include this originally but when powered on the standby light will blink 5 or 6 times.

Comment

Have you actually checked to see if the TCON is getting any voltage?

Comment

I have not. I just watched ShopJimmys video on testing the tcon board. I'll check to see if there is power running to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X