Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Bravia no picture but backlight on

Originally posted by BCR View Post
    The cable is good, it is a 1 meter cable that I use everyday on the PS3 straight to other TV, but I did try a second cable to be sure. As well, went around every board on TV and checked connections, all look good (some grease, but that is standard).
    It doesn't have to be a connector. Lead free solder is notorious for prodicing joints that look good, but are intermittent. When you plugged in the cable you put pressure on the circuit board, causing it to flex slightly. That caused two points to rub across one another and make contact - at least for a while.

The explanation is easy. Finding the bad solder joint is the hard part. The good news is the harder it is to find, the greater your sense of accomplishment when you succeed.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I replaced a sony panel with one from a toshiba once. Just the LCD portion as the sony was cracked. Check the number on the circuit board at the top of the lcd panel itself not the tcon. Mine had the same part number but a different rev number but it worked! I'm betting it's the main board.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        The explanation is easy. Finding the bad solder joint is the hard part. The good news is the harder it is to find, the greater your sense of accomplishment when you succeed.

PlainBill
        Thanks for the info, I may just give this to a Pro (if it can be done for under 500.00 with 30 day warranty)
        Sadly, I had just missed a fellow on eBay with same TV that had a cracked screen, he was selling all the boards at 0.99 starting price. I should have bought all of them for well under 500.00 something like 200.00 with shipping would have got them all.

Comment

Should I just start a new thread with my pics??

EDIT:: Or just post pics here?

Comment

Originally posted by BCR View Post
            Should I just start a new thread with my pics??

EDIT:: Or just post pics here?
            Just add your pictures to this thread.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

OK, not sure on the rules of pics here. but I sized them to 800x600 and have many....
              Here are some of the pics, any close ups needed just say so. Thanks...
              Attached Files

Comment

OK here is the TV-Cont. board, which one is the fuse that I should check????
                Also what is the best way to get those top cables off? The bottom one you just squeeze on the sides, but not the top ones...
                Attached Files

Comment

Rules of the pics. Ideally you would get them as close to 2000x2000 as possible (maximum dimension on one side) so that we can see the details.

The top connector is fragile -- the black part swings up to a 90 degree angle and the cable slides out.

Comment

Cool thanks, and thanks..
                    Looking at average the part goes for around 120.00 so not to bad if it is the correct part to fix.
                    EDIT Where abouts in Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
                      unplugged from power for safety sakes!

Yes all these medium to big ones brown-purplish look blocks on T-CON. Rest of other boards don't worry about those yet.

Cheers, Wizard
                      Hi could you help, i recently attempted to do a TAB DOND FIX ON MY kdL52X350, All went well until one of the metal clips touched the circuit board that holds the metal frame around LCD panel, Now the backlight does not work and also no picture, The sound is ok. What do you think would of been damged. The TAB Panel, Tcon Board, LCD board that connects to Tcon, Any advice would be great. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                        Just add your pictures to this thread.

PlainBill
                        hi could you help with problem below, Update sound works, no backlight, no video. thx Ps. my tv is a KDL 52X3500 AKA KDL 52XBR

Comment

Originally posted by xmikee View Post
                          hi could you help with problem below, Update sound works, no backlight, no video. thx Ps. my tv is a KDL 52X3500 AKA KDL 52XBR
                          I suggest you ask the guy who gave you the advice for help. I'm not experienced with panels at that depth. Since both the backlight and the panel do not work, you probably blew the main board.

PlainBill

Comment

I have a Sony KDL-52W4100 a little less than 2 years old. I turned it on and after 30 seconds heard a pop and the picture went out (back light still on) and the red LED flashed 14 times( Panel Error I believe). After reading through this and numerous other threads on the issue decided to look at the fuse on the TCON board. Before I even checked the fuse I found what appears to be a burnt capacitor (pictures attached). I have ordered a new board from Sony and have a couple of questions. Do you think this is an issue with the board, or should I check another component before putting the new board in only to have it happen again? I have seen that heat is a real issue with the board, is it OK to put heat sink grease on the pads to ensure better transfer or are they good enough as is?
                            Thanks for the information, I wouldn't have gotten this far with out it.
                            Attached Files
                            Rusty

Comment

I apologize I believe I am looking at a bad SMD resistor, not a bad capacitor. I mistakenly thought because of the "C" designation on the board that it may have been a cap.
                              Rusty

Comment

hi hope someone can help i have a sony bravia kdl 40v2500, it swicthes on fine with steady green light and sound is perfect but no picture can hear channel change and volume works fine, you can also c the backlight on, i have changed the t con board and when i first done that and turned it on two white lines came up, turned the tv on and off again and the lines are now gone but still no picture the same as before so now am stuck dont know where to go have checked all wires and cracks and everything seemd fine so i hope someone can help thankyou.

Comment

T-CON is staring right at you. Right in middle at top hiding behind the vented cover with 4 little screws.

Do you have multi-meter? Take T-CON cover off and find a small SMD fuse and measure this first, tend to be very near the LVDS connector. You want very low ohms. If high ohms, bridge this old fuse with 2A picofuse secured with bit of soldering job on both ends. Take very clear picture of the exposed T-CON board.

Make sure T-CON have thermal pad atop the big square chip and any smaller ones if are there.

Cheers, Wizard
                                  i have a bravia kdl 46w3000 with same issue. backlights are perfect, i hear sound from all ports but no picture at all. screen lights up and changes as i flip channels but there is no letters or words or numbering just a blank lit screen no matter what i do. i reseated all cables, tightened down screws, checked for bad caps and everything seems fine. what is the problem im having? sorry im not sure how to do this, its my first time ever using a forum in my life. hope i did this right

Comment

Changing fuse or solder a picofuse over the old fuse is sufficient.

Cheers, Wizard
                                    Wizard:

I apologize if you receive this twice but I am new to this forum and I am not sure if the first reply went through...

Your post 6+ years ago exactly describes my issue with my Sony KDL-46V5100 (TCON board 46NN_MB4C4Lv0.7 with LTY460HF07 LCD). It looks like the fuse blew yesterday based on my continuity check on the TCON board.

I am planning to solder another fuse on top of the blown fuse on the board per your suggestion. Do you know what fuse specifications I need? (amps and volts)

It looks like the markings on the fuse are "LF7A" which I think mean a 7 amp fuse from Littelfuse. The closest fuse I found at mouser.com is a 8 amp with 125 voltage rating. It is a NANO2 fuse not a PICO. Do you think this will be okay?

I appreciate your help as I am pretty new to this,
                                    Ram

Comment

Hi. Can anybody explain the difference between signal board and main board?

I have this tv KDL46xbr2 white short (1/2 inch) horizontal white lines that appear and disapear on the whole screen. It does it on all input but it does not affect OSD (menu).

Deciding if this problem is on the signal board or main board.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Comment

These are the boards used in your TV:
                                        http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear.../?q=KDL-46xbr2

So I am sure where you get the word 'SIGNAL' board from.
                                        Can we see the screen shot of the problem?
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi Budm,
                                          The descriptions of the AU Board says AU Signal Board. Can't offer any picture at this time. I don't have tv with me.

Picture is very clear but has these short horizontal lines all over the place and they appear and disapear. I could say it looks like the scramble picture issue that Toshiba projo tv's used to have and that the problem was caused by the hyper module.

Comment

Working...
                                          X