Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshibia 40rv525u Green Blinking light and questions about Caps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshibia 40rv525u Green Blinking light and questions about Caps!!

Whoops my post went in after you Checking now.

Comment

OK just Checked them, I have 119v coming in on the 120v line and both these caps measure 163v. Took me a second to realize I had to set my meter to DC. Thanks!

Comment

Your power board is full of high quality "Japcaps" (Japanese capacitors.) These rarely fail. I have never seen a failed Chemicon KY and they are most likely not your problem. I have only ever seen one failed Rubycon, on this forum, but it was most likely due to the failure of some poor quality "Elite" capacitors on the power supply. Generally with bad caps the output voltages become low (too low for operation of the TV) but they are *not* zero.

I can't remember - did you check all the diodes?

Check the two diodes I have highlighted (black) with TV unplugged using the diode test mode.

Check the pink resistor I have highlighted - should appear close to zero ohms.
        Attached Files
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I checked the three main diodes on the big heatsink on the secondary side. That was all.

The two diodes measure 482 one way and out of range the other way.

The Pink Resistor Measures 2 ohms.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
            I checked the three main diodes on the big heatsink on the secondary side. That was all.

The two diodes measure 482 one way and out of range the other way.

The Pink Resistor Measures 2 ohms.

Thanks!
            Hmm. 2 ohms seems quite high. What do your multimeter probes measure when touched together?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Checked again with the Craftsman meter.

And Got 1.4 Ohms. Probes touched together measured 0.6 so I am assuming that its around 0.7-0.8 Ohms

Comment

Checked again with the Craftsman meter.

And Got 1.4 Ohms. Probes touched together measured 0.6 so I am assuming that its around 0.7-0.8 Ohms
                That seems more reasonable. Still a bit high, but probably okay.

Do you have a photo taken from an angle looking underneath the primary heatsink? (The one near the big caps.)

I suspect your switching controller is bad, but let's see if there are any hidden fuses under there.

Comment

Post Number 28 should Cover you I think.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=28

Let me know if you need another shot.

Comment

I allready tested the main Fuse are there usually others on a SMPS?

Comment

I allready tested the main Fuse are there usually others on a SMPS?
                      Yes, I had an LG LCD with a separate one for the main and standby supplies.

Comment

Are these Pictures OK?

Comment

Are these Pictures OK?

Do you have any of the top side?

Comment

Are the ones here ok? If not what area do you need a close up of?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=1
                            Last edited by ComputerGeek; 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Are the ones here ok? If not what area do you need a close up of?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=1
                              Underneath the heatsink on the side near the big caps but on the side with the components (not the green side.)

Comment

Theres only two caps under there, as far as I see heres a photo, I also grabbed one of another area I thought might be helpful. Thanks!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Are those photos ok?

Comment

They're good. Nothing important unqder the heatsinks. That's disappointing, I was hoping to see a fuse or something like that.

What are the part #'s on the chips on the bottom?

Comment

OK i am assuming you want the black Smd chip on the bottom of the board?

Also when looking at the picture Vs101 and VS102 in the first picture of post 115 look discolored is there a way to test those? Thanks!

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words of here you go. THnaks!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, check the voltage between these two pins with PSON both high and low using the resistor.

You should get around 9 to 16V if it is working okay, typically when PSON is high. When PSON is low, it might drop below 9V. If the voltage here isn't high enough, it points to a problem in the pre-charge or the standby power part.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X