Panasonic tc-p50c2 1 blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic tc-p50c2 1 blink

Hey all! New member here but been reading the forum for a long time.
    So I finally became a member.
    Well so I repair plasma and LCD TV's for fun. It's a fun challenge.

So I picked up a blinker panny. This ones throwing me off. Apparantly it seems that all the parts on the Internet there seems to be scarce on the a board and I know something is amiss here. I get one blink. This is a communication error with the panel id ic9003. The output 5v and 15v off the regulator ic9801 drops off immediately after power up. I'm getting f15v from p board no problem and u have disconnected sc and ss boards and still 1 blink. Panny training manual says communication error with ic 9003. That makes me wonder if the ic itself is defective or some defective dc regulator.
    All ohms tests on the regulators seem ok.

This board is Apparantly famous for causing a 10 blink code.

Anyone care to chime in?
    Thanks and good to finally be a member.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: Panasonic tc-p50c2 1 blink

Btw pin 7 panel main on is 3.2 momentarily then goes away shutting down the ps. At this time +15vs and +15vc drops off at the same time panel_main_on falls. I'm hot on Vsus until the drop off from a board
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-09-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

New update. All the sudden pin 7 stays hot and power light stats enabled but vsus drops off with 15vc. Led on mainboard a optical audio stays lit. But hard reset and back to the one flash.

Comment

Once again I have to correct myself. Pin 7 for panel_main_on goes away at this time the a board decides to stay on. So pin 7 going low shuts down vsus to the drives. All dc voltages are briefly there on the a board to mpu 9003. Everything I can drum up points to a communication error with mpu9003. This is the ic that deciphers what's going on and off everything is in spec. It's a 100 pin ic. Could this ic just plain ol go bad? The odd thing is this ic throws the codes to the front led. So if its not communicationg why the heck can it display a one flash to the front panel led? Oh btw the only way to get anything else besides a one blink is pulling a7 connector. Then I get an 8 blink.

Comment

Try this - it's not the exact training guide for your set, but may give you a starting point on the 1 blink code:

1 blink also has "No particular check point" which could be tricky I guess!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok so here's the most obvious of what's going on. And thank you Tom66 for the guide. F+15v stable throughout power up. Even in SOS mode. But p15vc and p15vs off power supply momentArly comes up upon startup then immediately drops off.

Comment

Check the power on signal from DA to P.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Panel main on pin 7 is 3.2v upon startup. Then drops off before relay click and SOS pattern.

Comment

I would suspect the DA then.
                  But maybe it's sensing a short somewhere or it does have a comms problem.

Comment

I went ahead and thought heck I got nothing to lose. So I jumpered f15v to +15vs/vc on p board. No change.

Panel_main_on still drops off. That almost eliminates p board from the equation. Also disconnected sc and ss. Still one blink

Comment

I think the comms error is where to look - maybe one mcu is not starting, check crystal and LDOs (never seen a panny with a bad one on here though), check reset controller etc.

Comment

Put some extensive testing into the a board last night. Voltages to all ldo's and ic's. but the ic9003 is sensing something shutting down p15v and the voltages to the top regulators

Comment

Ok so I went all out. Jumpered f15v to p15vc and then it veld 15vcc at sustains. Then jumpered panel -main-on to a solid source and got vsus. Connected sustains and no pic not even any light. That bypasses ic9003. So something else is amiss on the board.

I would just replace the board but this is fun and also the boar is made from a rare earth deposit called obuntanium.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                            Ok so I went all out. Jumpered f15v to p15vc and then it veld 15vcc at sustains. Then jumpered panel -main-on to a solid source and got vsus. Connected sustains and no pic not even any light. That bypasses ic9003. So something else is amiss on the board.

I would just replace the board but this is fun and also the boar is made from a rare earth deposit called obuntanium.
                            Ok, Joker. Am I getting this right??

obtainium
                            any item, found or obtained for free

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                              Ok, Joker. Am I getting this right??

obtainium
                              any item, found or obtained for free
                              Unobtanium = a rare construction that no one seems to be able to acquire or sell, despite being made of otherwise obtainable parts.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                Unobtanium = a rare construction that no one seems to be able to acquire or sell, despite being made of otherwise obtainable parts.
                                Damn, looks like i need a new dictionary or go back to a new age school.

Comment

Haha. Yes that it.

Comment

So has anyone ever found a solution to this a board issue yet?

Of course in short of just replacing it. Is it possible for ic9003 to go bad? Considering the fault is stb 5v sense and or ic9003 panel ic communication error. All voltages come up then drop briefly from 15vs and 15vc. F_15 stay up as well as 5v and from what I can tell all regulators are doing thier job.
                                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                      So has anyone ever found a solution to this a board issue yet?

Of course in short of just replacing it. Is it possible for ic9003 to go bad? Considering the fault is stb 5v sense and or ic9003 panel ic communication error. All voltages come up then drop briefly from 15vs and 15vc. F_15 stay up as well as 5v and from what I can tell all regulators are doing thier job.

Hey freakaftr8: sorry to post so long afterwards, but did you ever find a problem to his issue? I have a 50" TC-50PX24 with 1 blink code. All other boards are good, and all voltages come up, but after a few seconds, always reverts to 1-blink.

I have 2 scrap TNPH0831 "A-boards" from a TC-P42U2 and a TC-P50U2. Connections to panel are different, but they are good to test the Power board. Both let P-board TURN ON AND STAY ON. All voltages look good.

The problem must be the A-board. But what is the problem?

On the scrap boards, I measure 5V, 3.3V, 1.8V, 1.2V at the regulators... By comparison, on my TV's actual A-board, all of these voltages come up momentarily until the TV shuts down.

Resistance and continuity measurements seem consistent between all 3 boards so I don't see any problems in the voltage regulation circuits. Although the 1.8V regulator circuit seems to measure very low resistance across a diode on ALL 3 boards...

Therefore I treated this as a "communication error with IC9003" problem.

However, when testing, I discovered something neat. On the scrap boards that actually turn on the power supply, during startup if I temporarily short pins5-6 (SDA and SCL) of the EEPROM IC9001 which interfaces with pins 7-8 of IC9003, then I can force a 1-blink code on each of the "scrap" boards. This has the effect of blocking communication because data cannot be read or transmitted from the EEPROM. This tells me that there is a communication error between the EEPROM and IC9003. But what is wrong? IC9003, or the EEPROM?

I used a hot-air rework station and swapped the IC9003 (MNZSFH8K) from one of the scrap boards to my non-working one. The result? the scrap board works with the swapped IC9003, but the actual A-board from my TV still has 1-blink error code... Therefore I can rule out the IC9003 as being bad...

What could be the issue? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

probably EEPROMs?

I recently made an accidental discovery with an A board conversion. The board TNPH0840 is a close relative of the 0831, same geneartion of TVs. It had SOS1.

Mine is a P42X20A which has all the same boards as the P42C2 except the A-board.

Here's my post. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30054

Basically I swapped all the EEPROMs and FLASH memory to turn a 50" new Zealand board to a 42" Aust.

The SOS1 transferred across to the donor board.

Turned out to be IC9304 (TVRR577) ADDR/DATA , FLASH I/F to the PD4 PDP control IC.

It seems you have already proven a bad EEPROM can cause SOS1 by shutting down IC9001. Up to you where you start IC9001 or IC9304 but it was the latter in my case.

IC9304 and the other 8pin EEPROMs are easy to work with, just watch out for very small SMD parts mounted close to some of these. I had a near disaster when I discovered a tiny SMD resistor stuck to my tip, very lucky I spotted it. It came from where i had just removed one of the EEPROMs.

The scrap boards you are using are FHD models I believe but for the sake of fault finding you could start with swapping one of those EEPROMs across.

Probably won't be much good for driving a HD panel but could help you advance your fault finding.

I also had a scrap 42" FHD board, I'm pretty sure it booted up with that one and the 50" HD IC9304.

When i did mine I taped the ICs to a sheet of cardboard and wrote down the model board and location next to each chip I had removed so I did not get them muddled up because you'll never work out which is which from their external appearance.

For my testing i disconnected the 3 ribbons at the A and also disconnected everything/all power from the SN(SC), SS, and C boards.

The A board will bootup and switch on the PSU with no SOS if it's fixed but I think you may have already worked this out.

From what I've seen these are listed as available as spares. I know the US equivalent chip for mine was only $8 at SEARS, CCE?

Comment

Working...
                                        X