hi,

here to get my bios did

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello-
      Trying to fix a TV

Comment

Hello, my name is Antonio, live in Belgrade-Serbia. I am married and father of a male child. In Belgrade do service laptop computers, electronics, my love and my job. I registered on the forum that I gained new knowledge and skills and eventually conveyed what I know. Best regards to all.
        P.S. do not be angry if my English is not at the appropriate level.

Comment

Hello, I am new here and I am looking for information on a capacitor that blew up on a TV I am fixing.

Comment

Web search landed me here to fix my lg plasma... Thanks!

Comment

Hello. Name here is Bob. Retired from General Motors Powertrain in Tonawanda NY on Jan 2000 after 31 good years there. I am 74, healthy, and I do bench repairs for over 30 years, everything from AC, DC, Amateur Radio, Computer, Phones, etc. I frequent the forums to search for information on different types of equipment, including Manuals, Schematics, Diagrams, etc. I never stop learning! I have been on the Internet in various forums from Member to Admin, since my retirement in 2000. I will not be here every day, but I'll be here if you need me! Cheers!

Comment

Hello,
                I am Razvan from Ploiesti, Romania. I started with a CIP 03 back in 1998, then I assembled for me and my friends' computers like 286, 386, 486, Pentium 1 etc. I have a little service shop and I repair any kind of electronics. I'm learning to program too.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Bert and I am glad to have found this place due to the new insights and perspectives you can find on TV troubleshooting. I have successfully managed to fix a few TVs (with relatively simple capacitor issues) but am stuck scratching my head on a few that I cant seem to get working. I look forward to participating in threads here.

Comment

Hey all,

I like trying to fix things on my own and my plasma tv just broke and is not cooperating with my limited knowledge. So here I am to learn.

Comment

Hey guys. Recently found this site looking for info repairing a monitor for my children. I prefer to do everything myself so it's done correctly and this seems like a good place to get detailed information from

Comment

Hello All,

New to forum. I am a hobbyist in electronics. No professional training but I have enough EE college level knowledge, albiet ancient by todays standards, to be dangerous I deal mainly with vintage audio gear which I prefer to pick up in non working state and repair at my leisure. I have some tools of the trade and I am here for the knowledge base. I prefer not to waste time discovering things that are common knowledge to other and am always pleased when someone whose has been there and done that helps out.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
                        Of all the things in life that I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.

Comment

hi all I have just signed up. I'm not advanced on all things like everyone else seems to be on here I'm. just on to get help with my tv 🙈😆

Comment

I just joined this forum. I worked as a trainer in a computer store in 1982 and I have been addicted ever since. I retired from a major auto manufacturer over twelve years ago where I was a technical instructor and a Field Engineer. I collect ancient computers with an addiction. Thus my interest in "bad caps" they've all got something wrong with them. I spend way too much time and money on my hobby. I prefer to sit back and listen to those who know how to do it rather than sound off showing my ignorance.

Comment

Just saying hi

Not a lot of experience with electronics but enough to find my way around

Comment

Hi,

My name is Mihai, I'm mechanical and electrical/automation engineer. I've started to "computers" back in 1980 with TIMEX80 (I think) having a Z80 processor, (1...4Mhz I think) and 16kB RAM... I did some electronics with discrete components, even I made one computer in 1986 (all on one board) from components (I had a unmounted board, and all components, one can be seen here http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/...herboard_1.jpg), working on cassete-tape (external memory) and on analog TV for display. From 1994 to 2004 I own a little computer repair and service company.
                                I am here because my son bought from his first own money an Acer V3-571 laptop with i3 processor. After a while, it started to "not start" from time to time, but letting it at rest for few hours/days, it eventually boot. Now doesn't work anymore. I bought him others computers/laptops, but he continuous to try to start "his" laptop, to search ebay or similar for his MotherBoard. He found some, but for more than 150$, and that is too much for this old computer, but he keep trying to find a better deal (like 40-60$).
                                I want to help him, and I found you. It seems that you may have the knowledge to repair the source block on MB of this computer. I have experiences with bipolar transistors only, not mos-fet and no SMDs. I'd like to find a solution for him, to make him happy.
                                Mihai

Comment

hello everyone

Comment

Hello,
                                    My name is Dave. My first computer was an Atari 400 with a tape drive. Upgraded the membrane keyboard to real keys. I still have a couple 130 XE's. I've been in telecommunications long enough to retire. Grunt to Director of Engineering. Wife says I am unemployed and get a job.
                                    I love to repair things. Going to get a carb rebuild kit for a David Bradley 360 chainsaw. Have the gas tank split open and will be cutting a gasket. Why the tank isn't a single unit is beyond me.

I am repairing a Samsung TV which brought me here. Looks like the t conn board.

Lots of good info here.
                                    Thanks,
                                    Dave

Comment

Hello,

My name is Chris and I have had the pleasure of troubleshooting and repairing industrial electronics down to the component level for the last 19 years. My family and friends make sure that there is no shortage of electronics for me to repair at home too, and I am happy to help them out.

I am here to admit being outsmarted (so far) by an Onkyo HT-R590 receiver and to ask for some help from some audio experts.

Thank you

Chris

Comment

Hi Guys just new in this forum, I would like to thank everyone for accepting me in this forum
                                        well i'm a knowledge seeker, 38 yrs old, computer technician, a filipino citizen from zamboanga city philippines. hopefully im very much welcome in this forum thank you once again guys... mabuhay!!!!!

Comment

Hello. I'm new here also. Have electronic training for medical equipment and basic electronics. worked several years as a tv road tech for Circuit City and now working educational technology and multimedia. Coming here to get help with these Samsung plasma sets that keep turning off. Have two, repaired one main board with ShopJimmy kit and its been working great. Having issues with the other one so I need to post my problem.

Comment

Working...
                                          X