• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Great Forum, Hello I am a new Member

Comment

Hi, my name is Nawaz Ahmed Khan, and i am from Pakistan, by education i am Bachelors in Computer Sciences, but by profession i am related to Network side. Fixing things is my hobby .... i came across this site by google because currently i am trying to fix my LCD....
      Regards,
      Nawaz A. Khan

Comment

Hello, My name is Dave. I'm from Wisconsin. I came on this because I was tired of looking at a monitor not working for 3 plus years. Read a few forums and in one day I'm looking at it working right now. Great instructions guys. Love to fix things and love to learn. Thanks a lot. Will be here for a long time reading these.

Comment

HI, Scotty from NY, Electronics since 1981, Bench tech, Manufacturing tech, now forman for crew. I hope to help as well as benifit.
          Greetings all

Comment

hola! I'm dandito from reno ! very nice to meet you!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi, I'm Gracie. Just an Information Junkie & DIYer. I live in Dallas, TX. Glad to join you all.

Comment

Im 65 haven't had a lot of experience. worked on some computers, build a few,repaired
                  some have did alot of wiring on cars a diagnosed computer trouble codes. thought it would be nice to try my hand a tv's while I was sitting around the house. I can read schematics and understand the diagnose process. Will probably need help t get started in the right direction. So and help I receive I would very much appreciate. Thanks !

Comment

Hi all, I'm from the netherlands... yes that coutry known by legal drugs and hookers and not to forget clogs and windmills.

My first tech device was arround the beginning of the 80's a real mean pong machine ;-)
                    Later the C64, Amiga, Philips pc my first steps programming done on this machines and some hackin with a 1200baut modem. what a speed era! nowdays it's here 120Mbit+
                    I have still some of these machine here and working and some verry old disk's 10mb floppy sort, so a sort of mini museum.

My profession is a it tech guy for serveral employers.
                    And every now and then i have bad capped systems, to repair them is a hobby.
                    Music is a another hobby of mine, homestudio is here on my attic (digital radio station)

So now you know a little bit of me ;-)
                    sorry for the grammatical mistakes, I do not write all days in english

Comment

Hello all! Name is AL

..53yr old that's been into electronics, computers, automotive, Jack of all trades", etc since way back when? Worked for a few company's in the electronic repair industry along with some hardware design from time to time. I too say "Yuk" to the programming stuff, though I did dabble in it thru the yrs including DOS and a barrage of others.

Funny thing is..! At this age, and looking back... I guess its fair to say that my computer knowledge is ancient; that's right! You see... Way back when... when I was in kindergarten... We were taught Math with an abacus, It's the truth! <scary actually!> LOL

So whata think? Hopefully I'll fit in and be able to contribute, as much as gain knowledge
                      and enjoyment for the betterment , savings, and mere pleasure of life!

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Hello, Glad to find your forum. Hope you can help, and I can help someone in the future.

Comment

hey everybody my name is john and I have a lot of questions and hope to find the answers here!!

Comment

Hi All,

Greeting from Whitby, Ontario Canada. I am a total newbie and usually work on the software side. I am dabbling into the hardware side out of necessity and eager to learn. Hats off to this forum! I have already successfully repaired one LCD monitor and ready to try tmy second.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for a couple of years and will continue to do so until I have enough free time and space to do the work you (all) have inspired me to attempt. I have done one successful recap on a Mac SE/30, found out too late what high ESR meant. Will keep watching and learning from Toasty and others. (Nice cat hat)

Bob

Comment

Hi,
                                My name is Neil alias H0ngkongfuey, martial artist hence nickname

Intrest in fiddling with stuff electronic, comps,xbox and ps3 repairs.

New intrest Lcd Tv and monitors.

Live in Uk with my partner and little boy, who curse at my addiction to take stuff apart :-)

Comment

I joined your forums because I just moved to Germany, have no knowledge of local shops or even where to find information. That, and a friend of mine gave me his blown up stereo.
                                  Ran into an ID problem with some LTEC cap, and decided to check out forums online to ask for help...I'm completely clueless on this one.

Any information would be truly appreciated

Basic story, Electrician & Electronics Hobbyist.. The name is Mike.

Thank you for any assistance.

Comment

hey

found your forum and site after a LCD screen has started to play up and today its pretty much dead, will open a new thread for this tho!

im not the best electrician but i can tell when somethings bad or not with the right advice

see ya around

major

Comment

Hi to all.

I write from Italy,
                                      I'm 41 years old and using computer since I have 11 years old.
                                      I have in My collection C64, Spectrum, various consolle, various models of Amiga, a Pegasos II, 4 types of Mac, various pc and a Xevious cabinet full working.
                                      I have study electronics in younger age and, nowdays, I repair Pc, Tv and other electronics things.

Comment

Hello guys, My name is Lawrence Shivers. I am 58 years old and have been in electronic repair business for twenty-three years. I am as dumb as a bag full of rocks, but am anxious to learn everything I don't know. Will probably ask for help alot. But I am also willing to help where ever I can. So, let's light this candle.

Comment

hello from belgrade, serbia

Comment

Working...
                                          X