Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50" Philips 50PFP5332D/37

Hey guys i have a 50" Philips 50PFP5332D/37

Over the past few days, it has been acting up, when i power it on after being off all night, , i hear 1 click, the blue light turns on and in about 3-5 seconds the red like blinks 6 times.

(i am trying to remember, but when i used to turn it off i remember hearing 2 clikcs, now i only hear 1)

If i turn it off then turn it right back on, it powers on fine

What i have to do is unplug the power cord from the back of the TV for about 10 min then plug it back in and it allowed the TV to turn on fine.

Im sure this wont last forever, and I have been having a rough time finding the service manual for this TV every link i seem to click is dead.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be happening? or possible cheap fixes? With the holiday shopping all done, i cant afford a new TV right now, so i would like to keep this one going for a few more months.

Re: 50" Philips 50PFP5332D/37

service manual should be this one:

There are some other threads on here suggesting it's the usual bad caps crap (under a heatsink)

Comment

Thanks for that

i went in to "SAM" mode to check our the error codes, and the error code list is empty...

i am really confused now /=

Comment

Originally posted by BigKyle View Post
        Thanks for that

i went in to "SAM" mode to check our the error codes, and the error code list is empty...

i am really confused now /=
        Bad caps won't come under an error code; you'll need to open up your TV.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Even though i get the 6 blinking red lights? i though that the blinking lighters where "reporting" and error code...

Comment

Originally posted by BigKyle View Post
            Even though i get the 6 blinking red lights? i though that the blinking lighters where "reporting" and error code...
            Failed caps could cause a power supply warning code, but in most cases they cause odd power related faults
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
            X