Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung LED TV Model LN-S4041D intermittent loss of picture (sounds still works)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LED TV Model LN-S4041D intermittent loss of picture (sounds still works)

I read a lot about bad caps on these TVS, but could a intermittent loss of picture be caused by caps? I will turn it on and sometimes it works fine, shut it off and turn it on later with no picture. No other symptoms like cracking or popping.

Before, I tear into it and look for swelling caps, can caps fail like this?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Re: Samsung LED TV Model LN-S4041D intermittent loss of picture (sounds still works)

Capacitors would not be a typical suspect with this problem. In a dark room, when the picture is gone, can you see a glow from the screen or not? (Backlight)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Samsung LED TV Model LN-S4041D intermittent loss of picture (sounds still works)

I will check thanks. I am pretty sure it does not have a glow, but what would be if there isn't one?

Thanks again.

Comment

T-con or main board w/ glowing screen.
        Inverter, power or main board w/o glowing screen.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I made need a scope to check those things...

Comment

You usually won't for most LCD TVs, but it can help to have one.

Comment

The tv is working great tonight. Go figure.

Comment

I tried the TV this morning and the screen is blank, no backlight and sound is working. Now what?

Comment

Take the cover off, and provide clear pictures of each of the boards in the TV.

Comment

Ok, will do.

Comment

Here you go. I do not see bulging caps anywhere.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Wnowickiz; 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Second pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

replace all secondary caps and resolder everything attached to a heatsink on that power supply.
                          that is not an led set either.
                          i see these often.

Comment

Ok, thanks. All the can style caps or the others also? Should take any readings prior?

Comment

I tested all the diodes and transistors in circuit. DB851 and db803 appear bad (both directions). Could those be the cause? I am looking for a schematic for the BN44-00134D. Thanks again.

Comment

Intermittent would be unlikely to be caused by a permanent failure.
                                Schematic of PSU if it's any help:

Comment

You were correct tom66. The replacement diode did not fix anything. Should I test the voltages prior to changing out. All the caps? Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, check all the voltages on the output side, in particular check the backlight on/off signal CN1803 pin 1.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                      X