BenQ FP731S No screen at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ FP731S No screen at all!

I've got a BenQ FP731s that doesn't come up. Only green light. Not even the BENQ flash screen, nothing. Open it to see if there is any bad caps; nothing. Check the Fuse (2ah 250v) it's good.

I'm a noob and I need help!

Thanks

Re: BenQ FP731S No screen at all!

The FP731 are famous for bad solder joints on the inverter transformers, this leads to shorted transistors and a blown picofuse.
    You will need to test the transistors in the inverter section, as well as the picofuse.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
      The FP731 are famous for bad solder joints on the inverter transformers, this leads to shorted transistors and a blown picofuse.
      You will need to test the transistors in the inverter section, as well as the picofuse.
      is it something we can "visually see"?

Comment

No, you'll need to measure with a meter.
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

anybody have a website to know HOW to test electronic item, onboard and offboard!

I would appréciate. Thanks. Now google time.

Comment

Originally posted by Icitte View Post
            anybody have a website to know HOW to test electronic item, onboard and offboard!

I would appréciate. Thanks. Now google time.
            Try checking out YouTube. There are many videos posted on how to use a meter to check various components.

Comment

Working...
            X