Toshiba Plasma, LG Panel, dim picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Plasma, LG Panel, dim picture

Ok this is my first post, but not my first repair. I have read the rules and also searched for this. But this is something I just came across and I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT this is a PDP42X3 LG PANEL
    The TV powers on. Rules out the power board The tv has a picture and sound, my friend said he was watching it the other night and it went pop!

Now when turned on the picture is mostly black lines except on the far left, where there is picture. These lines retreat steadily from left to right until they disappear, leaving a dim picture fully functional otherwise.

I have pics.

My question is is this the ysus or zsus as i have checked both and the fuses are fine and all heat sinks do warm up to the touch. All the caps seem fine as well.

I don't want him to waste money, he knows this is my hobby but if I have to replace both ysus and zsus I think I will tell him not to bother.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by notsogentle; 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM. Reason: added panel identifier

Re: Toshiba Plasma, LG Panel, dim picture

It is the Z-sus in this instance.
    You can replace the IPM (which usually fails) on the Z-sus.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      It is the Z-sus in this instance.
      You can replace the IPM (which usually fails) on the Z-sus.
      Thanks friend for the reply, I have followed your advice in the past as well on other posts, so I guess I should be saying Thanks Again LOL.

I may just get him to get the whole board as my soldering iron sucks.

They run about $60 to $80 online, from what I've seen.

Again Thanks!

PS I tried to edit my info to include my name and so forth but I dont have the permissions to do so on this forum? That was the error message i got. My name is Pete, in ontario canada, and I love to rescue things from the E-waste bins we have all over town. It's fun, informative, and keeps my wife smirking at me. (You brought WHAT BACK THIS TIME!!)
      Last edited by notsogentle; 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks again, I found an LG tv with a bad ysus, pulled the zsus out of it and installed it. Works great now, I had to adjust voltages on ysus to get rid of some sparklies but there are still some there. The p/n was same but rev # different by 1 digit. I don't expect it to last forever but at least it works now.

Comment

Working...
        X