Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micron Millenium Intel 845BG Mobo wiring

Hi,
    I have come into a nice Micron case. Past owner was doing an upgrade and gave up. Does any one have the wiring codes for the front power panel INCLUDING the wire colors. I am putting in a nice ECS Nforce-A939, but I have only figured out the on/off button so far (bl/prple).

The connector has has 18 pin holes, runs to an led panel with similar connector, no labeling on wires.

Many thanks,
    Bill

Re: Micron Millenium Intel 845BG Mobo wiring

Get a manual for the old board or the case itself. Other than that its trial and error.

Comment

Can someone post a photo of the intact front panel connector for this system? The wires have been pulled out of the connector and I am having trouble figuring what is what. Case is a Micron Millennia D845BG. Original board was an Intel 845BG P4. Connector has 18 holes but only 16 are actually shown in diagram I have. Since it runs to an led panel, I cannot really trace the functions other than on/off.

I really don't want to use trial and error and wreck a board.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Get a 5v power supply and see what makes the LEDs light up. Besides that I don't know what else you would need. You REALLY only need on/off.

Comment

follow the wires to the front panel (might require some disassembly). switches have no polarity, so those are given. for the leds, hook up a board to test polarity- bad polarity only results in a non-functioning light, fixed by switching the polarity.

dont use a 5v power source- no resistor could result in a fried led motherboards have the resistor built in

when done, write colors/polarity and connections on a piece of paper, and tape it inside the case so you know for the future
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Never mind.

I have tried to explain that the wires terminate in an unlabeled LED PCB. The PCB is multilayer so I cannot see the tracings to dependably identify which go to what functions. Some traces seem to interconnect as in odd fashion as they seem to fulfill one function but then cause a delayed shutdown.

Nothing is marked as in other cases, none of the switches or lights are separate or I would have already completed the project. I have done that plenty of times.

I would like the led indicators to work so I can tell if hard drive activity is taking place, if power is on, etc.

I will look for the requested help elsewhere.

Comment

If its a PCB then it might be proprietary like some dells.

Comment

i dont knoe the value offhand, but connect a resistor to the positive side of a 5v supply, and test it. when you have pinouts for the panel, write it down and tape it inside the case
                for the mobo, some oem boards are modified from the manufacures original design- i.e. compaq's uwave2 is a stripped-out FIC az31 and the front panel header has 2 pins less... look for the missing pin (alomost all boards have one in the block) like this:

x x x o x x
                x x x x x x

compared to:

x x x x o x x
                x x x x x x x

in that example, the "o" represents the missing pin. put the 2 on top of each other lining the missing pins up and you have the pinouts

hope that helps out some

sorry i missed the part about the nameless board in the last post
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

this is what the 845bg manual says... dunno if it helps. probably not.
                  but, as said before, finding the right cables is possible.
                  Attached Files
                  "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                  X