Vizio tv clicks on then shuts right off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio tv clicks on then shuts right off

I push the button to turn the tv on, it clicks then the orange stand-by light goes off like its about to come on but it clicks right back off again. I tried plugging it in to different wall outlets, used different in devices, still could not get the screen to light up. Finally, I tried holding down the power button for about 20-30sec and then after a few flashes of white the screen finally came on. My question is, what would cause this to happen? It sounds like something is going out on it, but tv's are not my expertise, can someone help me out? Thank You in advance.

Re: Vizio tv clicks on then shuts right off

The title of this forum. Seems a lot like bad capacitors. You will need to open up your TV and take pictures of the insides.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Vizio tv clicks on then shuts right off

looks like is a bad caps for sure and the caps I personal thinking of are the ones on the power supply, they are usually from 2 to 4 caps and are 1000uf at 15v you will see right a way at yous looking at them and you will see bulk on top of the capacitor. hope these helps... and good look.

Comment

Working...
      X