Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matsonic MS8318E Motherboards

Hello all:

I have had three of four installed Matsonic Motherboards fail in the last month. They all had the same symptoms: The systems started to constantly reboot, followed by complete failure to POST. One of the systems actually popped and left an ozone smell in the office.

My questions is whether I should replace ALL the capacitors on these failed boards or just the capacitors of the same size and manufacture as the capacitors which failed and are bulging on top? The capacitors that look like they failed are purple with gold printing. They are marked RLX 105 C 0206. They have what looks like a manufaturer name of OST above a label I.Q. 6.3v 3300 micro farads rating. Each board has 8 of these capacitors of which an average of 5 have visibly failed. Each board has another 7 green with silver print G-Luxon 6.3v 1500 capicitors none of which have apeared to have failed, 4 Black/White print G-Luxon 1000, capacitors, and a multide of smaller G-Luxon capictors none of which appear to have failed.

Please let me know what I should do here. I would love to be able to salvage a couple of these boards for backup since the computers that they came out of have since had new MBs installed.

BTW, I am especially dismayed at the horrendous customer support that I recieved from Matsonic. I actually had a guy in their LA office hang up on me when I asked to speak to his superior when all he would do is quote their policy that they only support their customers, not end users. I will never again buy ANYTHING from them again.

Thanks
    Skydiver

Matsonic Boards

Is there anyone out there who can help me out with this?
    Skydiver

Comment

I would replace all caps 680uF and higher. Caps under that value are made from a different electrolyte formula, and are not known to fail. Everything above 680uF, replace it!
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Thanks

Thanks! I just need to source them out here locally. I may just buy them from the guys here at badcaps. Do they sell them a-la-carte?

Skydiver

Comment

Working...
        X