Display Turns Off-Dell Inspiron 9200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Turns Off-Dell Inspiron 9200

What I have is a very nice Dell Inspiron 9200 17" Laptop-I turn it on and it boots through POST and into Windows-(XP)-It stays on for a few minutes then the Display just turns off. The computer keeps running as if it is still showing a display-but No Display.
    Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is a fix.

Re: Display Turns Off-Dell Inspiron 9200

Updating the bios might help. I reset cmos on a vaio laptop sometime back and that solved a similar issue.

Comment

Originally posted by siddiq View Post
      Updating the bios might help. I reset cmos on a vaio laptop sometime back and that solved a similar issue.
      Thank you for the reply. I'll try it--I thought of that but I could not get to the internet. I'll just download it and let it load prior to boot. I also think it my be a thermal issue but the fans are working and there was not any obstruction.
      Thank you

Comment

I have a 9400 and did not come with a charger and picked up one of these replacement ones and it failed in a couple of weeks. During the boot shows the Starting Windows screen and then the display went black.
        Measured the charger and it was 0.15V.

Comment

Originally posted by medquick View Post
          I also think it my be a thermal issue but the fans are working and there was not any obstruction.
          Thank you
          Have you checked the thermal paste, and renewed the thermal pad???
          Also this maybe a heatpipe failure on the heatsink

Comment

Check the screen with a torch - had this happen with a Dell 1501 and it was the backlight CCFL.. It would die after a few minutes use. Unusual, but there you go!

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
              Have you checked the thermal paste, and renewed the thermal pad???
              Also this maybe a heatpipe failure on the heatsink
              I appreciate your feedback--I will try it-its a simple thing and I will let you know. I am out of town right now but I will follow up. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by artois7 View Post
                Check the screen with a torch - had this happen with a Dell 1501 and it was the backlight CCFL.. It would die after a few minutes use. Unusual, but there you go!
                I ordered another CCFL. Going to try it as soon as I can. Appreciate the feedback-what a great thing this is. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X