Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100

still having problems with mine, now I think it might be heat related, seems to run longer or maybe indefinitely, without the back on, put back on and it may last an hour or 5 minutes, shuts off, still steady green light, won't turn back on, strange.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
      I just want to have the firmware for future repair.
      o i c, very wise.

Comment

been looking at the manual, the power board seems to have over and under voltage protection, on the bench with back off can't make it die like it does on stand with back on, even with my android device cranked up. I guess if theres a good thing about a stubborn problem, you get to know that model very well.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-26-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

How do upload firmware file its 12.9mb ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
            good question, do you have to have it hosted?, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
              Should work as a zip - max 19.07 mb
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Here is the KDL_S4100_V1.115 Firmware.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have this very TV set, sometimes it displays 2 blue lines at the bottom, I've noticed it only happens when a TV channel is 720p, will never happen on 1080i channels. Also when a PC is plugged via the VGA input, sometime those lines will appear.

If I turn the set off and then on, the lines disappear and won't reapear again. It only happens once and not on every turn on.

Also, when using the VGA input, if I turn the TV off and then on, I get some green flashing that is kinda hard to notice but it's there. Again, turn TV off then on and it will not happen ever.

The blue lines I've ruled out it being a display issue, because when I display a resolution of 1024x768 on the screen and the picture is centered, sometimes those blue lines will appear on the bottom of the centered picture and not on the bottom of the screen itself.

Everything 1080p displays perfectly, be it blu rays, consoles etc.

This display was given to me by my employer and it's obviously out of warranty. I was considering doing a firmware upgrade but I'm hesitant since I don't know if I'll brick the TV.

Any one have any thoughts on my minor issues?

Comment

I have a Sony KDL40S4100 which I bought Super Bowl Sunday 2008. I consider myself to be one of the very lucky few that have not had any hardware problems with my TV since the day I bought it. I use this TV primarily as a monitor for my PC over HDMI so it gets at least 15 hours of use per day and I haven't had a single problem with any hardware in the 10 years I have owned it. The one problem I have had has to do with the display area resetting every time I turned the TV on or off switch inputs or change channels using the built-in tuner. So over the years I just got myself used to the routine of switching to my PC input and immediately going into the menu and switching the display area to full pixel.

From day one I was looking for a firmware update for the TV, going to such lengths to call Sony to inform them of the problem hoping that they would release a solution because even eight years ago they had no firmware for this TV on the website. As usual they thanked me for reporting the problem and I think one person actually said to me at one point that they had no plans to release any firmware updates for this TV. At that point I figured it was just something I would have to deal with.

Until today 10 years later a random idea out of nowhere to do a search to see if I could find firmware for my TV, for no other reason other than to have something to do, and that leads me here. To my surprise I find firmware I looked at the version that I was currently on, can't remember now exactly what it was 1.01 something or other I think. I download the firmware, I follow the instructions execute the update, not expecting much and to my surprise my effing TV stops doing what it has been doing for the last decade.

I cannot say thank you enough to this entire community but especially capkid for posting this firmware, I finally have a television set that works the way it is supposed to and I can now use it without having to go into the menu every time I change an input. I'm definitely going to continue using this TV until the wheels fall as it is perfect for everything I need and I have no desire or need to upgrade to 4K.

My only question is, and I really hope I get an answer: where on earth did you find this firmware? I sincerely am curious beyond belief because it seems like with the exception of this forum the firmware is nowhere to be found.

Thank you very much to this entire community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

you are the best people really ,

thanks for your support

is there any update for this software , or this is the latest one for that model .

Comment

Working...
                      X