This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial

Yes, these DTKs are Macron power OEM (printed on the PCB and also the label is Macron-like). I like them as they're reliable and also quiet.

Comment

Fortron FSP300-60BT PSU (300W)

External look:

Inside look:

Original caps
      ---------------
      Jamicon TM and Teapo SEK on output filter, Teapo LXK (680uF 200v ones) on input filter:

Caps data:
      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

YH-ATX350W
        (PT DHANA CIPTA DINAMIKA)

All caps are Capxon. None are bulged/leaking.

3.3v -> 1x 1000uF 10v
        5v -> 1x 1000uF 10v, 1x 2200uf 10v
        12v -> 1x 1000uF 16v

Bridge rectifier diodes:

2x RL206
        2x IN4007

Regulator/controller:

Daewoo DBL 494 (cooked)
        SEC KA7805 (on secondary heatsink)

On secondary heatsink:

SBL3040PT @ 5V -> 30A 40V rated schottky diodes
        MOSPEC F06C20C @ 12V -> 6A 20V rated schottky diodes (OMG, the PSU label says 16A!)
        MOROCCO P3020L (?)-> one leg connected to 3.3v and one leg connected to 5v.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've seen this crap before! Same as Meico and Frontier here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...80&postcount=2

Comment

SBL3040PT @ 5V -> 30A 40V rated schottky diodes
            MOROCCO P3020L (?)-> one leg connected to 3.3v and one leg connected to 5v.
            The +5V is rated for 32A, and the +3.3V is rated for 30A; and the +5V rectifier may be carrying the +3.3V current as well?!
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

"The Best Power" MT-500P 500W Dual 80MM Fan Power Supply

This might be good for 300W.

UL Number: E199529 (searched up as MACRON)
              Capacitors: Fuhjyyu and Teapo
              My gaming PC:
              AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
              ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
              PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
              G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
              TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
              WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
              ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
              Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
              Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
              Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
              Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

What a POS! Wimpy heatsinks, no AC filter, and the I/P lytics, main transformer, and O/P inductors are probably about right for about 250W-300W. I don't think those tiny O/P caps will handle the ripple current that supplying 500W continuous would entail. Probably TL494 PWM - a UC384X family PWM would be better.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

It is Zippy time!

Unit: Zippy GSM-6600P, $190 shipped available at myAopen.com (pm me before you buy!)

Folks,

My Zippy GSM-6600P arrived today. I got it from myAopen.com. They shipped it promptly and it arrived as promised.This unit is on top of Wolf's list of recommended PSU's. So far I have three of the top five, i.e Zippy, Lite-On and Wintact. Lite-On came out of JonnyGURU's tests in flying colors and the Wintact is a proven performer. What remains to be tested out is the Zippy. I'm going to post a few pictures before sending it off to JonnyGURU.

Outer box:

Manufacturer Specs:

The unit itself:

The fan is a Sanyo-Denki!

Caps are Nippon-Chemicon and the big blue one is probably a Hitachi.

Very well organized inside. No hint of sloppy soldering, heat-shrinking of cables or component placement. Built to last!

The logic board perpendicular to the floor of the unit is a temperature sensor/fan controller (I'm 90% sure of this).

Output side wiring. Note the well wound choke. You may be able to see a transparent goo on the inductor. I believe it provides damping and holds a thermistor to the heatsink.

Another shot of that.

I think the black box contains a device to provide phase correction (not sure about this though).

Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                  Zippy GSM-6600P
                  Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
                  Abit IP35Pro
                  ATi HD4870

Comment

They must be approaching the limits of that form factor.
                    Jim

Comment

They do have higher wattage versions.

http://store.myaopen.com/psl6850p.html
                      Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                      Zippy GSM-6600P
                      Abit IP35Pro
                      ATi HD4870

Comment

you are collecting some (very) high-end PSU, Super Nade is that your hobby?

Comment

Acbel API-8665 (150W)

With the thick dust everywhere it surely doesn't look empty.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: 250watt Dell by Lite-on in 03

Originally posted by tylerlough
                            It weights about 4lb and 12+/14A OST primaries
                            very good voltages but crappy caps
                            It's better than the 2lb L&C in my main rig
                            I dunno why you all bitchin' about OSTs they'll buldge and at least you'll know that you should change them with new ones like jenpo (crappy also)
                            I found that ones on many cheap mobos (ecs, matsonic) and they work out their job very well ... even on athlon mobos supplied on 5V rail they live 3-4 yrs.

That aside teapos are crap cause they use to declare them to higher ripple than they really are (SC, SZ series) but they produce them especially for "lack of space purposes" so they can find their space in most OEM ps manufacturers caus they're 4-5 cheaper than their Nichicon/Rubycon bros that puts actual values into their's datasheets.
                            If you have teapos and they're not buldged after 2 yrs of use change them.

Comment

Originally posted by mutant
                              My new power supply. Enermax ELT620AWT 620 watt. I hope it lasts.
                              Are those really copper heatsinks in that Enermax?

I've have "moderate one" Enermax 303W and i'm quite worried about that only one Hitachi's input cap, are they longlasting? And how good are those JP (that JP combined into one letter logo) on the output side?

Comment

That Zippy definitely has active PFC. One clue is the wide range AC input voltage rating. Another clue is the large blue I/P lytic, which is rated for 400VDC; without being able to see it, I'm guessing that the tan lytic adjacent to the blue one is also rated for 400VDC (looks like it's 150uF) and is in parallel with the blue one. That large yellow thing next to the big blue cap looks like it might be the PFC inductor.
                                PeteS in CA

Comment

Originally posted by yanz
                                  you are collecting some (very) high-end PSU, Super Nade is that your hobby?
                                  Yes man. Unfortunately, I'm breaking the f#$%ing bank in the process.
                                  First it was DDR (BH5 and TCCD), now its PSU's. Atleast I won't see a huge loss when I decide to sell them in the future like my BH5.

Pete, I can't see the marking on the Brown cap next to the big Blue one, but I think you may be right as there is nothing else between the two. Why is it rated for 400 V BTW?

Edit#
                                  You guys can avail a $5 discount on this unit by following the instructions here:-
                                  http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=479745
                                  Last edited by Super Nade; 09-30-2006, 02:05 PM.
                                  Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
                                  Zippy GSM-6600P
                                  Abit IP35Pro
                                  ATi HD4870

Comment

In your post's 6th pic, it looks like the tan cap is marked 150uF, and its size looks consistent with a 400V rating; in the 7th pic you can see that the big blue cap is rated for 400V.

Why 400V? In non-PFC P/Ss the two 200V lytics are in series across the HV DC bus. This enables the use of the voltage selector switch which configures the two caps as a voltage doubler when set for 115VAC. With active PFC, the PFC inverter has a very wide I/P voltage range, and doesn't need a doubler, so a single 400V cap can be used, or two can be parallelled to improve filtering and hold-up time.
                                    PeteS in CA

Comment

The A PFC circuit do always regulates the o/p to a fix value between 300 to 400v. I have sen some Monitor SMPS wich regulated the o/p to 400v. This is possible due to the inductor used in the unit. And the higher the voltage, the lower and cheaper the cap.

Comment

The energy stored in a cap is equal to (.5)(C)(V^2), which demonstrates the advantage of setting the V(out) of the PFC to 360V or 380V in stead of just 300V or 325V. The down side is that PFC circuits don't regulate very tightly, and the ripple voltage is usually several volts p-p.
                                        PeteS in CA

Comment

Touch T35-9407 made in 1997 for a KTX 9600SP (rebadged Mustek MFS-12000SP) scanner.
                                          Tosin 100V 400V unit; the rest are Jamicon TK.
                                          +5V 0.7A rail: 1000uF 16V before and after output inductor.
                                          +/-12V 0.2A rails (each): 220uF 25V before regulator, 100uF 25V after it.
                                          +15V 1.8A rail: 1000uF 16V (should be 25V, which I upgraded to a 1000uF 25V low ESR unit) before output inductor, 470uF 25V (I upgraded it to a 1000uF 25V low ESR unit) after it.
                                          Attached Files
                                          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X